Thursday 24th March

83/365: pink tulips

I did everything on my list for yesterday except getting the car washed and valeted. The hand-wash service I used to use has either relocated or stopped trading so I will have to find somewhere else. I enjoyed my scone, sitting outside the café in the corner of the garden centre and have added it to my list in my head of 'good things to do'!

I heard from J yesterday. She's recovered from her illness and we have put a couple of dates in the diary. She's playing catch up with her work so the earliest we can meet is next Friday but that is dependent on my patio work being completed on time on the Thursday. I think it'll be fine, but if not we'll meet the following week instead.

The piano lesson was good, my own playing was just okay-ish. I need to target the problem areas when I practice this week so that's a priority, starting today. I can devote more time to it since I can't get stuck in to the decluttering, and it'll be a good distraction to fill my time. The only other thing is the weekly Indian cooking class and it's cauliflower parathas today ... I quite like the sound of these but don't have all the ingredients, so trying them out for myself may have to wait for the next shopping trip.

I had a look through the playroom cupboards to look for things to keep me occupied that don't involve any screen time, and found a pile of jigsaw puzzles I'd forgotten about and found the paper cutting kit I'd bought during the first lockdown and put away in a safe place! I have loads of books and plenty of music to listen to, and I also have a list of photos to take for the WPSH and my monthly challenge. Add in the sunny weather and I think I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks, taking it easy with plenty of activities to keep me out of mischief.

Comments

  1. I'm very glad J is well again, that's great news.
    A nuisance about the car wash place though. Maybe Google will lead you to a new one - if they have just relocated, I'm sure you will find it.
    I love the sound of your non-screen activities. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy.

      The car wash was one of those hand wash places that seem to take over the closed garage forecourts but they did an excellent job. I don't know if they've just moved or have stopped working, but I'll ask around and if not, try one of the other places.xx

      Delete
  2. Shame about the car wash place but you should be able to find another one not too far away. The weather is beautiful and good to know you have plenty to keep you occupied over the next few weeks. Enjoy your rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car wash people were recommended to me by T (the mechanic) so I'll ask him next time I see him. If they have stopped working I'm sure he'll be able to recommend another place for me to go.

      I am enjoying my R & R, thanks Eileen x

      Delete
  3. Your tulips are beautiful! Hope you find another car wash place. I like all the non-screen activities you are planning to do in the next few weeks! Lots of fun activities planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. There are plenty of car wash places around but I don't like the drive through ones, so will be looking for another hand wash place. I'm sure to find one.

      Yes, lots of fun activities to keep me amused!

      Delete
  4. Your tulips are a beautiful colour, nothing better than achieving your goals for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first year for these bulbs and the colour is much more vibrant than in the pictures ... I love them!

      It's heartening to tick things off on the daily list and to feel that I've achieved something 😊

      Delete
  5. Such pretty pink tulips. Getting that new piano when you did, was as it turns out, perfect timing. Paper cutting? as in card making?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the new piano has been a blessing ... I couldn't have timed it better if I'd tried.

      Not card making. Have a look at this link ... https://katysuedesigns.com/products/adventures-in-paper-cutting-beginners-bundle

      Delete
  6. Those tulips are gorgeous, it's lovely to come to your blog and see beautiful flowers every day. They make my day :)
    I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your far-from-screen activities in your garden, enjoying the good weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune, that's a lovely thing to say.

      I think I'm very lucky. I have plenty of interests and screen free activities to keep me amused.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you are making the best out of things - not just making the best but finding good things when it's tough. I can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that's what I'm doing anyway. The WPSH ends next week on the 31st so I'll be posting my photos close to that date.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely colour tulip! Glad that you got everything done yesterday. Sounds like a win to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it.

      I'm back to doing the 3-2-1 lists again. I find they work best for my daily lists.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts