Wednesday 30th March

89/365: daffodils

It's a busy day today, though thankfully none of the hard work involves me! R will be here to start work on the patio and neighbour S will be helping out as well. This means that S will move the remainder of the pots for me - from the garden to in front of the garages - and generally help out where he can. It should be finished tomorrow but that may depend on the weather - the forecast is for rain on both days which won't affect the pressure washing but may impact on the repointing. Fingers crossed anyways!

It's the nutrition focus this morning, a recap on vitamins & minerals which I don't want to miss .... I'll be taking proper notes this time! That's followed by my piano lesson. I feel much better prepared this week and think that I've managed to improve all three pieces as well as incorporating C's suggestions for each piece. I'm still too slow on one of them but the other two are now up to the correct speed so I feel that I'm finally getting there with them at long last. 

After lunch I'm going to sit down and review my budget. I have quite a long list of things that need replacing around the house, as well as the arches, water butt(s), and annual plants I want to buy for the garden, and the holidays/short breaks I'd like to fit in this year ... there will need to be some juggling of finances to afford all of it but once I've worked it out I will know what may have to be pushed back to next year and can then plan accordingly. 

Comments

  1. Lovely daffodils! Such a pretty color.
    Sounds like you have a busy and productive day ahead of you. Hope your piano lesson goes well. I've got rather lazy with my piano practicing! Good luck with figuring out the budget. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised and be able to fit in everything without any trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I love how all the bulbs, but especially the daffodils, look in the new blue pots. I'll be getting more daffodils next year.

      I'm really enjoying the piano practice at the moment. I don't know whether it's because it's for an exam or what but it seems to have more purpose and C is more specific about what needs to be done.

      The budget should be easy enough to sort out. I don't think I will have enough spare cash to do everything this year (because I spent the money on the piano - no regrets) so I will just have to decide on priorities.

      Delete
  2. How kind of your neighbour to help out moving the pots for you and I hope it keeps off rain for the pointing to go ahead as planned. I hope your budget will allow for all the plans you have for the home and holidays.I should put this on my own blog really but yesterday I booked a four day break for us, it's something to look forward to. I hope you will be able to get away too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S is a treasure. They've now decided not to move the pots and will do the patio in two halves - I'll explain it properly in tomorrow's post.

      I doubt I'll be able to afford everything so I may have to rethink the holiday/adventures side of things. How lovely to book a four day break ... where are you going? xx

      Delete
    2. Not too far away for us. Somewhere we have been to before and enjoyed very much. Brilliant reviews, you can take a look here if you like:
      https://www.cottages.com/cottages/tai-coch-chatham-t375-macsen-oz5

      Delete
    3. It looks lovely. My last holiday in Wales was in that area ... I stayed on Anglesey though. Hope you both have a lovely time.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful & cheerful daffodils - definitely heralds of spring. We have also had a re-set of the budget, mainly because of rising food & gas costs. Budgeting is necessary & should always include things for the mental & emotional well being, which are just as important. Practicing with purpose makes a difference & it sounds like C & you are working well together. I do wish I had a neighbour like S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely doesn't feel spring like today, despite the cheerful daffs ... I've had to turn the heating up again!

      I've worked out that I can deal with all the things that address the tolerating/silent to do, and the next stage of the garden improvement, but will have to change holiday plans. I felt it was more important to do it that way round especially as I'm expecting Covid numbers to significantly increase now that LFT are no longer free, as the number may well affect my wish to stay away from home.

      I was really lucky to find C on my first attempt at sourcing a piano teacher and feel my playing is really improving under her direction.

      S is a treasure. He's just offered to fit all the new trellis for me! 😊

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a thinking sort of day - the lessons, the nutrition and the planning. I hope you can work it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like days like today and yes, it has all worked out thanks.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful daffodils and when you talk about playing the piano especially on your new one I realise how much I miss that past of my life. Nice to have help in your garden, ours is coming along slowly, but we're enjoying doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, the daffs look really good this year. I'm loving my time and progress on the piano and am so sorry that you are no longer able to do the same.

      I'd struggle to manage the garden without help. I'm glad you are still able to work in your own garden. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts