Friday 18th March

77/365: crocus

I'm fed up! It's not connected with the PVD but I now have conjunctivitis as well so in addition to the flashing lights, it now feels like I have gravel in my eye every time I blink. I've been to the surgery and collected the ointment and drops I've been prescribed so, if memory serves me correct, it'll feel much better after a couple of doses. I wasn't expecting that diagnosis as there's no sign of pink eye or discharge, just a bit of swelling. They do say that bad things come in threes so I'm hoping there's nothing else on the horizon for me!

On the plus side, the garden is waking up. I walked around and surveyed my 'estate' yesterday and was delighted to see signs of the alliums peeping through. The summer snowflakes are growing but showing signs of frost damage so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will flower this year. The cyclamen are still flowering and all the spring bulbs are starting their displays. The majority of the perennials are showing new growth, though one of the fuchsias looks decidedly dead ... I'm hoping it's just a late starter! All in all, even though none of the pots are in their correct place, it's very exciting and such a positive place to be.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about the conjunctivitis on top of the earlier eye problem! Hope the drops and ointment will clear it up soon! Your garden flowers are so pretty! Hope you get lots and lots of colorful flowers this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's feeling a bit better already, thankfully the ointment works really quickly. I've been listing some ideas for this year's annuals.

      Delete
  2. Oh no Eileen, no wonder you are fed up, I hope the conjunctivitis clears up soon. Those crocuses are beautiful and the sun is shining, it seems Spring has sprung. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The meds work really quickly and it's feeling better already.

      We have a couple of weeks of sunny days to look forward to if the forecast is accurate. x

      Delete
  3. Your crocus photo reminds me of smiling happy children, which I guess your plants & flowers are :)

    OH my your poor eyes, sending healing thoughts & energy. Let's hope if the 3's are true, the next thing is you need is trim a nail that broke.

    I was doing a bit of a happy dance on the patio yesterday as we had 16+(c) temps & I was out there saying bye bye to more of the snow ... still lots but it's going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crocus are cheerful little plants and they make me smile.

      The meds have kicked in already so it's easing off as far as the gravelly sensation but I need to keep using it for the next week.

      Good news that the snow is disappearing.

      Delete
  4. Oh, dear. Troubles never come singly, do they. Small wonder you are fed up.
    The few times I've been troubled with it, I've found the meds sort it out quickly and the discomfort eases significantly.

    The crocuses are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes the meds have kicked in already so that's a relief.

      The crocuses cheer me up. Xx

      Delete
  5. I hope your eye feels better soon. You really are going through it. As for the fuchsia - mine is looking dead but I don't think I'm lucky. Mine will be a thug pushing down the lilac and rosebush again within a month or so. I hope that your fuchsia is the same. Mine always starts late but I get flowers right up to the first frost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. My eye is feeling slightly better now.

      The fuchsia is in a pot, one of the ones I bought last year, so I hope it survives.

      Delete
  6. Oh no! So sorry to hear this. Just what you needed! I hope the drops help it clear up quickly.

    The flowers are just beautiful. So bright and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, the meds are working and it's not quite so uncomfortable now.

      I love the bright colours of the spring flowers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts