Tuesday 22nd March

81/365: I need more of these next year!

The boiler was serviced yesterday and thankfully, there were no problems. I had a chat with the engineer about some of the other plumbing things around the house which I'd like done and he can do every thing on my list - these are a mix of things that either need to be improved or that I would like to change. He's given me a price so now I need to decide whether to go ahead and, if I do, then decide exactly what I want. Nothing is urgent and can wait for the summer months when he's not so busy, so it gives me time to save the money. I am happy to know that the work is affordable and can be done by someone I know and trust, rather than having to source a new plumber.

I have another appointment with the optician this morning ... just to check there are no other issues. I'm not expecting any problems but they will have to dilate my pupils again so I won't be doing much today until my sight returns to normal. This should be the last appointment for now.

There's nothing else in the diary and no online classes, so today's activities are dependent on how I feel when I get home from seeing the optician. On the plus side, I'm still using the ointment but the conjunctivitis has cleared up and I don't have any of the symptoms. On the minus side, the PVD is a different matter all together! I was told that it's not as bad as the one in my right eye but it is definitely more uncomfortable - the bright flashing lights make everything difficult and the suggestion to try wearing dark glasses didn't help at all ... made it worse is anything. It's not painful and I know it's something that will improve in time, but at present it is troublesome. I think I'm at the feeling sorry for myself stage!!

Comments

  1. You have every right to feel sorry for yourself but make it a good reason to take it easy. The daffodils look lovely and I agree the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The daffs always look so cheerful, so there's room for at least two more pots of them next year

      Thanks for the other info. I'll wait and try that next time I have to renew.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes having a few moments to lament your situation is actually good for you. I find in those moments the positives, potential work arounds or solutions present themselves. Be gentle with yourself in all ways & definitely go & enjoy the sight of those beautiful daffodils. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my eye will heal in time and my sight shouldn't be affected in any way. I decided today that I'm feeling a bit down because I'm being forced to take things easy when I really want to get the decluttering finished. I'll still be able to do some of it myself and have been trying to come up with ways I can deal with the rest (it's too heavy to be moving it until I've passed the 6 week risky zone).
      I have decided to take the rest of March to enjoy the sunny days and just rest up!

      Delete
  3. Sending hugs and I hope that your eye settles soon. It's good news from the plumber as well. Knowing someone who you can trust is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. My right eye took a couple of years to settle down so I am seriously hoping the left eye is a lot quicker!

      I'm relieved to know the other plumbing work is affordable and that the work will be done by someone who I know is reliable and trustworthy.

      Delete
  4. Lovely daffodils!

    Hope the eye appointment went well and you were able to find quiet, restful activities to do during the day. Maybe listen to audio books and music? You can rest your eyes while you listen.

    I'm glad the boiler service person can do all the plumbing jobs you want done! I'm also glad that you've decided to take the rest of the month to relax and rest. The decluttering can wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes. The appointment went well and I had a quiet time when I got home ... nothing strenuous at all.

      My boiler man is another 'M' ... it's going to get confusing at this rate, as the potential new cleaner is also M!

      I'll definitely take it easy for the rest of the month and, if I follow the advice to the letter, then also for the whole of April as well. I can do things, just nothing that will cause pressure or strain in my eyes.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous blooms, and yay for routine maintenance that stays routine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. Next year's maintenance is the expensive one as parts have to be changed to maintain the warranty but at least I've been warned this year so can put some extra money in the kitty!

      Delete
  6. Lovely daffodils. Sounds great that you can use someone you trust and have had work done by before. I think finding someone like that is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I know that this person is reliable and his work is always high quality so I'm happy to use him for the other plumbing work I want done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts