Tuesday 29th March

88/365: one of my happy places!

All that fresh air yesterday has tired me out! I left home just after 10 am and didn't get home until just before 7 pm ... just like in the Before Times. Admittedly I kept away from people and potentially crowded places but I didn't give Covid a second thought and it felt completely normal. I found all my photos within the first hour so the rest of the day was spent firstly at Lansdown, where I passed a very pleasant couple of hours admiring the view and enjoying my in-car picnic. Then, and this is where I really tired myself out, about three hours or so exploring Conkwell Wood and part of the Dundas Aqueduct. I finished off my day out with a trip up to Bratton Camp where I was too tired to think about walking around so stayed by my car and again, just enjoyed the view. I had a truly lovely day. I didn't take any photos once I'd found the ones I wanted for the WPSH which meant that I spent the rest of the day just 'being', and more importantly, 'being in the moment'. 

Today it's back to being at home, though I'm not too down about it as the weather forecast is dire! I don't have anything planned so the time is mine to fill as I please ... definitely some piano practice and Italian practice, and then I have a letter to finish writing to my penfriend and, now I've sorted out the books and seen loads I want to read, I'll choose one, snuggle up on the sofa and spend the time reading.

The WPSH ends on Thursday so I will post the linky on Friday.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you had such a lovely, carefree day yesterday.
    Today sounds different but I bet it will be equally lovely in its own way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I had a lovely time yesterday and the feeling is still with me today. xx

      Delete
  2. You certainly made a day of it and it sounds just wonderful. It's so good to feel like i was in the Before Times. Our restrictions in Wales were lifted yesterday so no masks necessary in shops and public places but I went into the supermarket and was surprised how many people are still wearing face coverings but it's wise to be cautious. Enjoy your day of relaxation today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It was a lovely day as much for the feeling of normality as anything.

      Sadly it's the other way round here in England and the number of people wearing masks is definitely reducing as people get used to the lack of restrictions.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day of enjoying the moments & the views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. It was a perfect day and just what I needed to raise my spirits.

      Delete
  4. Sounds a perfectly lovely day and ending it with a good book, even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, the perfect end to a perfect day!

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful snuggle with a book. I'm off to review the pics I have...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've spent the afternoon curled up with a book ... it's been great thanks.

      Look forward to seeing your photos x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a perfect day out, yesterday, and an equally good day in, today! I still have 9 or 10 photos to find for the WPSH! I'd better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I had a lovely time out and about, and it was equally as good today at home.

      No rush with the photos. Take your time if you feel you need to. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts