Saturday 12th March

71/365: a rainy day!
Yesterday turned out to be a really lazy day! I somehow managed to ignore the housework and the rain meant that transferring things from garage to house wasn't going to happen either so, as I needed to rest my knee, I kept myself amused with a few fun things. I chatted to my sister for a while, played some online puzzles, did my daily Italian practice and piano practice and there may have been a few naps thrown in as well! 

Late afternoon and evening were taken up with family tree research. I'm currently focusing on my maternal grandfather's line and am patiently working my way through all of his siblings to bring their descendant's records up to date ... there are loads of them so it'll take some time. I've been contacted by a potential distant cousin and we're trying to work out who our common ancestor is. She thinks it's my grandfather's generation but I think it's someone in the generation before.

I'll probably carry on with that today but not until I've taken the photos of the items I want to list on eBay tomorrow. The photos shouldn't take too long to sort out, hopefully, so I should have most of the day to work on the family tree. 

Comments

  1. Your new fence looks very pretty even on a rainy day.
    I love the way you plan your days and how you change the planning if necessary.
    Have a nice Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune.

      It helps me to spend a few minute in the evening to decide what I'd like to do the next day but it's always a felxible plan. I find I waste most of the morning if I haven't previously decided what to do.

      Hope you have a lovely day too x

      Delete
  2. All that rain may wash your slabs for you, my garden looks like that this morning. I find myself ignoring the housework too, doing fun things and having a nap is so much more beneficial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patio is looking a bit cleaner after the rain but it still needs the pressure washing.

      I'm glad I'm not the only one ignoring the housework 😊

      Delete
  3. Wish you could send just a little of that rain my way! It would be much appreciated! Glad you are taking it easy and relaxing doing family research. Hope your sister is feeling better and all is well with her and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to have some of the rain, Bless.

      The time flies by really quickly when I'm working on the family tree but it definitely helps me to relax.

      My sister is on the road to recovery but her husband is still poorly.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have been contacted by a distanced relative. Have fun sorting out the connection.
    It was wet here as well, in the afternoon. Lovely and sunny today though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The connection is proving to be elusive. We have a connection via DNA results so the common ancestor must be there somewhere, it's just a case of finding him/her!

      It's getting very windy here now, so I'm glad I've chosen to stay indoors xx

      Delete
  5. The fence looks beautiful!

    When I was working on genealogy for Mum I found the hours disappearing far too quickly. Are you just recording online or on your computer? Jane printed everything - in triplicate (it seems!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I save my records in Ancestry to make full use of that site's functionality but I also have stand alone genealogy software on my laptop where I duplicate the Ancestry tree. All the evidence (official records, photos, census returns etc. are saved in Ancestry and a stand alone copy saved on my laptop as well. That way I will still have all the data even if I ever give up my Ancestry membership. I don't actually print very much, just working copies of parts of the tree, as I don't have room to store it.

      Delete
  6. That fence is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and I love it. The next photo I take of it will have the hanging basket brackets in place!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts