Weekly Reflections

79/365: crocus

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • knowing that my sister and BiL, friend J, and friend H have all fully recovered from their recent illnesses
  • appreciating the offers of help from neighbour S
  • planning some day trips and short breaks
  • dodging the raindrops and spending some time in the garden
  • loving the spring bulbs and all the other splashes of colour
  • celebrating the release of Anoosheh Ashoori and Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and their return to the UK
  • appreciating an unexpected benefit from the problems with my eyes through a need to reduce screen time and as a result, settling down to read without distractions

I am grateful ...
  • for the emergency medical appointments, ensuring a speedy diagnosis of the problems with my eyes
  • for the support and well wishes from family and friends, including those in the blogging community
  • that I have the resources to absorb the ever increasing costs without needing to restrict my current lifestyle

Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • daily walk. Achieved, but only doing a 10 minute walk every day
    • daily knee strengthening. Achieved, but currently only doing 10 minutes every day
    • Mad March Mile daily. Achieved 
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. I'm glad you got your eye appointments, the problems diagnosed and treated. You remain cheerful and appreciated your time away from screens, a lesson I'm sure many could learn from you. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just glad it was the optician I needed as the doctor surgery has been hit by staff illness so appointments are like gold dust. They texted patients this morning to say that it was emergency appts only for the next two weeks.

      The time away from screens has been really beneficial and I hope it's something I can continue with as I move forward. xx

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to read you always find reasons to be cheerful even when there are some clouds. So inspiring!

    Enjoy the Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I'm still trying to remain positive, despite the problems.

      Hope you have a good week. xx

      Delete
  3. You must be so pleased with your bulbs this year - the photos have been gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I am really pleased with all the bulbs ... just need to get some more snowdrops growing, but that's a problem for next year! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found so many reasons to be cheerful and grateful. You are doing well with focusing on the positives. :) I hope that next week will be equally full of things for being cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I've learned that focusing on the positives does help my mood, and that the more I do it the easier it gets.

      I hope it's the same for your week xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts