Tuesday 15th March

74/365: there are buds on the clematis ... much earlier than in previous years

Yesterday's shopping trip didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. I started to feel a bit odd and was having difficulties seeing things, all warning symptoms of a migraine, so I came back home, took some medication and went to bed. I didn't manage to sleep but still didn't feel right so trailed downstairs, made a bed of sorts on the sofa and continued to rest, spending some time commenting on blogs and reading. I realised what the problem was as soon as the light started to fade as it was then impossible to ignore the flashes of bright light in my left eye ... they'd probably been there all day but in daylight I'd interpreted them as a migraine aura when actually they were identical to the symptoms I'd had when I was diagnosed with a PVD in my right eye back in 2018. By the time I realised this it was too late to get to see the optician so that's the priority for today ... I should be able to get an emergency appointment. I was told during the 2018 diagnosis that it was likely to happen in my other eye but I need to get it checked to make sure there is no risk of the retina detaching. 

I wasn't planning to go out today as I'm expecting a couple of parcels - the new hanging basket brackets and the music storage rack - but it's unavoidable and I will try to redirect deliveries to my neighbours instead. I did manage some of the shopping yesterday and can easily order the remainder online, so that will be a task for later today. 

Comments

  1. Oh, my! I hope you can get an appointment to have your eye checked! I hope it isn't anything serious and can be treated to prevent further detachment of the retina! Good thing you noticed and realized what the symptoms were when you did! I can easily see how you mistook them for a migraine aura. Hope you have a restful day, after your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Eileen, I hope you can get an emergency appointment with your optician today. If not is there an emergency eye clinic at your local hospital, I know mine has one? Take care and I hope you can get the problem sorted. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs. I hope that it all gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you well, Eileen. I hope you manage to get an appointment quickly.Take care and sending you a big,virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of positive energy & prayers that this isn't PVD ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get an appointment as soon as possible and everything is right. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some lovely big buds on the clematis too. I must move it before they start climbing as it will have to move when the garden room is built.

    Fingers crossed that whatever the cause of the flashes of bright light, it is quickly sorted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eileen,
    Beautiful flower bud!
    I hope your eye is ok and it's nothing to worry about.
    Hugs and a good week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, hope you can get it seen to.
    Also hope the parcels are all present and correct.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo. Hope you feel better soon and are able to get an appointment soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts