Weekly Reflections

72/365: blue sky and fluffy white clouds

 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • getting all the pots moved ready for the landscaper to start work, and ...
  • getting a date for the work on the patio to start
  • enjoying a trip to Edington Priory Church with Joy
  • having my blood pressure checked, with the result being described as "perfect" ... not often that happens!
  • doing some batch cooking and refilling the freezer with home cooked meals
  • keeping up with the Mad March Mile challenge and completing my extra 15 - 20 minutes of exercise every day
  • making a little progress with the decluttering
  • having a really good piano lesson this week
  • being pleased with the results of The Great Pottery Throw Down ... a worthy winner
  • being contacted by another potential distant cousin and making some more progress on the family tree

I am grateful ...
  • that my sister is feeling slightly better and is now testing negative
  • for the sunny days we had for most of this week
  • for well stocked shelves in all the stores


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • daily walk. Achieved, but only doing a 10 minute walk every day
    • daily knee strengthening. Achieved, but currently only doing 10 minutes every day
    • Mad March Mile daily. Achieved 
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a very good week. Good news your sister feeling better, I hope her husband is recovering well too. Marvellous news about your perfect blood pressure reading. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good week. My sister is feeling better and her husband is on the mend, though a day or two behind her. At least they are getting better ... I can't describe the relief!

      I should qualify the BP check ... it was perfect for me! My readings are always high compared to those of a 'normal' person but the nurse knows me well and was delighted with the result.

      I hope you've had a lovely weekend. I'll be watching Les Mis tonight on Sky Arts, so the perfect way to finish off the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Your weeks are going so very well at the moment. Yet again, your Sunday blog has made me smile and cheered me up. Thank you so much!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Things are going well for me at the moment (long may that continue!) and I'm very aware that life is slowly changing for the better. xx

      Delete
  3. I love reading your weekly reflections every Sunday.
    So happy your sister is recovering well and your blood pressure is perfect.

    Have another nice week!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I spoke to my sister this morning and they are both feeling much better, though still tired out. I've explained about my blood pressure in my response to the first comment (above) 😊

      I hope you have a good week to look forward to as well xx

      Delete
  4. Very good news that your blood pressure was perfect for you! I know how that goes, because mine has tended to run high, but, my most recent reading was very good, even for normal people - so much so that the nurse was surprised! :D

    Glad to hear that your sister and her husband are recovering. It must be a big relief!

    Another good week filled with things to be cheerful and grateful; I'm so happy for you. I hope it continues to be that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at the BP result as I felt it would be higher but I'm not complaining ... it was obviously a good day when I went as I didn't bleed all over the place after the blood tests were taken and I didn't faint either. 🤭

      It's good news about my sister and BiL. I can stop worrying now!

      Thanks Bless. It has been a good week and it looks like this coming week will be just as good xx

      Delete
  5. Great reasons to be grateful! Love that photo with the lovely blue skies and fluffy clouds. Cheers me up no end

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts