Wednesday 2nd March

61/365: some colour from the bulbs
(the only photo I took before the camera battery died!)
Yesterday ended up being a fairly relaxed day. I spent most of the morning sorting out some clothes, shoes, toiletries and canned food and delivered them to M who just lives round the corner from me. She is collecting from lots of her friends and will deliver the combined donations to the local collection point. I hadn't intended to stay for a chat but I did, so the rest of the morning just disappeared. 

I didn't really do that much for the rest of the day. I didn't sleep too well during the previous night so felt really tired and after I done my piano practice I fell asleep on the sofa. Despite sleeping for a couple of hours I still slept well last night. 

Today is split between online classes and a visit from friend J's third daughter. It's the online Nutrition Club first where we'll be guided through a round up of all the latest research. My interest in nutrition continues and I've been looking for a more in depth course. I haven't found anything suitable yet but haven't given up on the idea. That's followed by my piano lesson. The last one was two weeks ago as C was away during half term so there's a lot to get through today. All three pieces are coming together well in that I can play them hands together with correct notes, tempo, and rhythm, so I'm assuming that the next stage is to work on the dynamics. I'm following what C has suggested but I'd prefer to play with the correct dynamics right from the start so I may take that approach with the next new piece.

The highlight of today is a visit from KCH, my friend's third daughter who I haven't seen in over two years. She's back home for a couple of days to see her gran, mum, sister and niece, and I'm also on the list of people she wants to visit so I feel quite honoured. She's always full of fun, so our time together will be filled with laughter - I don't know how long she'll be here but I intend to enjoy every single minute of her company!

The Mad March Mile challenge started yesterday and I completed 20 minutes of walking. I doubt that I walked a mile in that time as I walk very slowly but I did complete the requirement to do 15 - 20 minutes additional exercise so I'm happy with that and will do the same this morning as soon as I've sorted out my medication. As well as being for a good cause I'm hoping to be able to rebuild the habit of exercising every day. At one time I was managing in excess of 10,000 steps every day but I let it slip and would dearly love to get back in the habit. 

Comments

  1. I think things like dynamics are so integrated with the technical stuff that it only makes sense to incorporate them from the start.
    Have a super time with your young friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always incorporated dynamics straight away as I sometimes find it difficult to make the changes later in the learning process. C prefers that fingering and rhythm is correct first but I may ignore that when I start on my new piece and see how I get on.

      KCH will be here soon. She's been out with her mum this morning and they're having lunch before mum has to go back to work and then K will drive over to see me. I'm looking forward to seeing her. xx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty color, too! Soon, your garden will be full of spring flowers!

    Sounds like you have a really nice day to look forward do. Online classes, piano lesson, and a visit from your friend's daughter! Hope you have a lovely day, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty colour but I can't remember choosing any bulbs with that colour!

      I like my Wednesdays. They're a nice balance of classes in the morning and social in the afternoon. I hope you have a good day too, Bless.xx

      Delete
  3. That's a good idea for one person to collect donations and deliver them to the collection point. Everyone is desperate to help those poor people having to flee their homes. Enjoy your time with your young friend today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it stops the main collection point from getting too busy and there isn't much parking there, so this should make it easier. It's dreadful that it's necessary because of the atrocious actions of one country but it's good to see so much support being organised around the world.

      KCH will be here soon so I have a laughter filled afternoon to look forward to. xx

      Delete
  4. Sometimes an unexpected chat is just the boost that you need. I hope that you have an amazing visit with KCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you're right. I think my mind is still set in the isolation of Covid so what used to be a normal thing now stands out as 'something different' and I haven't quite got my head around the change but I will.

      I just waiting for her to arrive! xx

      Delete
  5. The crocus are certainly a sign of hope, hope for an early spring & hope for calm in the world. I hope your piano lesson goes well & that you & KCH have a marvelous catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piano lesson went surprisingly well thanks, and now I'm waiting for KCH to arrive. xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers. They were the first thing I noticed when I popped on your blog. They certainly made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts