Thursday 17th March

76/365: the photo doesn't really do it justice, but I'm loving the splashes of colour on a rainy day

I'll start with my apologies! I'm finding it difficult to cope with reading on a screen (it sets off something similar to Blackpool illuminations in my eye!) so I haven't been able to visit and comment on your blogs or to respond to the comments you have so kindly left on mine. I'm hoping it will settle down fairly quickly and until it does I will do my best to keep my own blog updated but you'll know what the problem is if I do disappear for a few days.

Watching TV is out of the question as well but thankfully reading is something I can manage so I'm able to keep myself amused. I finished listening to an audio book yesterday and then started reading 'Better Off Dead' by Lee Child and Andrew Child. I'm also okay with reading the piano music so am able to continue practicing for the exam. Yesterday's lesson was interesting to say the least - it was as if I couldn't read music and had never seen a piano keyboard before but I did get through all the pieces without completely breaking down. C just laughed and I will attempt to do better next week!

I know I've been told to take it easy but that's on terms of not doing any heavy lifting, high impact exercises or contact sports (as if!), and everyday life tasks can continue without worry. So today is laundry day, a nice easy task that always makes me feel that I've been productive. Both of the parcels I was expecting arrived safely so, if neighbour S is around, I will ask him to fit the rack in the music room and the hanging basket brackets on the fence and that'll be two more things to tick off my list. The only thing in the diary is the Indian cookery class ... today's recipe is Paneer Lettuce Wraps.

Comments

  1. No need for apologies as far as I am concerned. If you need to stay away from using screens, then, please do so and post only when everything is well, again. Do what you need to do to rest your eyes and take it easy! The garden does look very pretty, even in the rain, and that rain will help to water the plants and make them grow. Take care and be well, Eileen. Wishing you all the best as you rest your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel sorry for you with your eye problems but do take it easy and honestly,replying to blog comments isn't compulsory, we understand. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like my sort of piano teacher.

    No need to apologise. Anyone who doesn't understand, doesn't deserve a comment! :-)

    The garden looks lovely in that photo - as you say, those splashes of colour are fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo is lovely - your new fence (especially wet) is making for a perfect backdrop for the spring flowers & pretty blue pots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are having eye problems, I hope it improves quickly. We spent Monday at the eye infirmary with our youngest son, but thankfully his retina is fine, but told to come back asap if he sees any more black spots, or flashing lights. Your blue pots look lovely against the fence all gathered together, they make such an impact. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pots look lovely even in the rain,.. sorry about your eye, I get that aurora of bright colours, the optician said it was a symptom of migraine, very annoying. Hope your eye settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs. Those blue tubs are a wonderful impact with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are at least able to read and do the piano lessons. I am sure that will help keep you busy. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts