Saturday 5th March

64/365: pieris

Thank you so much for all your virtual hugs and kind comments yesterday. I didn't really do much reminiscing as family news occupied my thoughts ... my sister has tested positive for Covid again and this time her husband has it too. Most worrying of all is that they looked after Little Man just before their positive results but so far he appears to be okay and still testing negative, so fingers are crossed that it stays that way.

It was a lovely sunny day and I couldn't settle indoors so spent a good part of the afternoon outside. I changed things around in the garage to make as much space as possible and then started moving some of the smaller empty pots into the garage. Neighbour S arrived home when I was in the middle of it all and has loaned me his sack truck which will make it so much easier. He was prepared to move all the pots for me there and then but I thought he looked really tired after working all day so didn't want to take advantage. 

So that's today's task. I want to completely clear the biggest part of the patio nearer the house ready for when the landscaper returns to do the work and then once that part of the patio is done the planted pots can then be moved to their new positions, leaving the other end clear for the landscaper. I'll take my time over the weekend and move as many of the pots as I can and S will move the rest one day next week. The work on the patio is going to be delayed by a week or so following Storm Eunice as the landscaper was called into Longleat to deal with some of the damage to their huge trees so all his own work has been put back ... we're probably looking at early April now so I have plenty of time to get ready.

I realised that I forgot to post a linky for the WPSH. Please will you let me know in the comments whether you'd like one now or just wait until the end of March when the hunt finishes?

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister testing positive, again! I hope she and her husband don't get too sick. But, I suppose this is what we will have to expect as restrictions ease up and normal life resumes. As of today, indoor mask mandates have been lifted in my county, too, and restaurants, etc., aren't required to check vaccine status of patrons. I fully expect to see our numbers increase again!

    Sounds like you've had a busy day, yesterday, and today will be another busy day, moving pots! Hope your knee doesn't complain, afterwards!

    I propose you wait until the end of March for the last WPSH linky, if only because I don't have that many new photos to post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's feeling worse that she did last time but is not needing hospital care, so that's a relief. Yes, I think it is how life will be now but still worrying.

      I've spent a couple of hours this morning moving all the planted pots to the far end of the patio and my nephew is coming round tomorrow morning to move the rest into the garage for me. My knee is throbbing as I write this, so will rest for the rest it for the rest of the day.

      Thanks Bless. You're the first to respond so will wait until the end of March to do a final linky. 🙂

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sister and her husband. I hope they get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I yesterday wasn't too sad for you as you remembered your father. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, this Covid!! What an ongoing worry it all is, to be sure. Hoping your sister and brother in law only have it very lightly and that Little Man will be absolutely fine.

    Those sack trucks are so useful - there are times when I have wished I had one. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. My sister feels worse than she did last time but is still self treating at home so I'm hoping she will recover quickly. Little Man is still showing no signs of it so hopefully all will be well there as well.

      I need to get a new sack truck. I have one but it's very heavy even before trying to move anything but S's one made really light work of it all. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope your sister and brother-in-law recover quickly from the Covid and I do hope the little boy remains virus-free, such a worry for you. Your neighbour is very kind. Despite the delay you will have plenty of time to sort out your pots so that's a positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Little Man is showing no signs of it so far which is a relief. My sister feels worse than she did last time but not ill enough to need hospital care, so hopefully she'll start to feel better in the next day or so.

      My neighbour is very kind but it looks like I won't need his help on moving the pots this time as my nephew is going to move the rest of them tomorrow morning for me. I'll be able to relax once I know the patio has been cleared ready for the work to start. xx

      Delete
  5. I hope that your sister and husband are okay. It's such a worry. Please take care of the knee when moving the pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. It is a worry but thankfully they are feeling slightly better today.

      My nephew moved the rest of the pots for me today so I am resting my knee.xx

      Delete
  6. I hope they are all doing ok. It is a worry. I do feel a little better now that they say the effects aren't as bad as they have been in the past especially when vaccinated. Still a worry though. Hope Little Man avoids it altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both feeling a little better but are still testing positive so they're not out of the woods yet. Little Man is still negative so I think enough time has passed to say that he hasn't got it, thankfully.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts