Tuesday 1st March

60/365: a trip to the cinema
I had a great time with L yesterday afternoon. We had lunch at mine, catching up with all the news, and then checked the Odeon website to see how many tickets had been sold. It looked like only about a fifth of the seats were taken so we chose two seats in an area where none of the seats were sold and spent a pleasant couple of hours watching Uncharted. It's a light hearted adventure film with plenty of laughs and we both enjoyed it. I'm going to check a few other films to see if the afternoon screening always attract such small audiences and if that turns out to be the case, we'll be going again. The new Fantastic Beasts film is out in April and there's a couple of other ones we'd both like to see.  

Prompted by my nephew's wife I signed up for the Mad March Mile, so starting today I have committed to run at least 1 mile each day throughout March in addition to my usual routine ... I can substitute any other form of exercise as I don't like running but whatever I choose should take approximately the same amount of time, i.e. 15 - 20 minutes. I'll be walking every day. It's all in a good cause and this years charity is Bath Cancer Unit Support Group.

There's a change of plan with my decluttering efforts today. A group of local residents are organising donations to help Ukraine refugees who are now in Poland after leaving everything behind so have nothing at all. I want to sort out some clothes and also shop for a few other things on the list of required items - medicines, pet food, nappies, and hygiene products - and take it all to the collection point. There's nothing in the diary for today so I hope to have time to do a little of my own decluttering when I get home and I do need to do some extra piano practice ready for tomorrow's lesson, but that's about it for today.

Comments

  1. Running a mile each day - that's very brave. Good luck with it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the originator of the challenge is a member of a running club but I'll be walking, not running! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. What a great thing to do to support the Cancer Unit, you can do it. I must find out if there are any collection points local to me to help the Ukrainian refugees, poor people having to flee their homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day and felt like normal life had returned.

      I've already done my mile for today ... walking, of course! I'm quite a slow walker so it took me 20 minutes but that's easily achievable as extra exercise every day.

      I know the Red Cross is organising donations for Ukraine but that may be money rather that items, I'm not sure.

      Delete
  3. Wow a mile a day, well done you. We are thinking about going back to the cinema for afternoon viewings, it will be nice to do normal things again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. According to my Fitbit today's mile took me 20 minutes ... walking, not running ... so it's not a huge commitment in terms of time.

      We left it until an hour before the film started to buy our tickets, but I think the afternoon screenings tend to be quieter. It felt so good to be doing something normal for once.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that you had a good time at the cinema. You are awesome to think about donations. Things are so hard now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. It was great to be back out doing normal things!

      Times are hard but I was going to get rid of the clothes anyway so this way they are going to a good cause.

      Delete
  5. Happy St David's Day. Glad you enjoyed the movie & had a social time with your friend :)

    Lots of fund raising going on this side of the pond by the Ukrainian communities. I am greatly encouraged by all the big businesses worldwide taking a stand & helping. In a global economy, financial is where you have to hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou.

      Yes, there's lots of support for the Ukraine people here as well. Some of it is financial in that you can make a donation via the Red Cross but a lot of it is practical with donations of clothing, food, medicines etc, which are being loaded into lorries and driven across Europe to the refugee camps in Poland.

      Delete
  6. Glad you were able to go to the movies! There used to be a cinema by that name in Sri Lanka, too, when I was growing up (don't know if it is still there). Well done on including that extra mile. I'm glad, too, that you have found a charity to donate some of your items to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going back to the cinema feels like a massive leap forward in returning to a more normal life. We both enjoyed ourselves and that's the main thing.

      The Mad March Mile is collecting for a local charity so I'll be doing my best to complete the challenge... I did it yesterday and today but I am completely unfit so definitely had a few aches as a result!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts