Wednesday 16th March

75/365: the first of the tulips

I was able to get an emergency appointment with the optician yesterday and he confirmed that it is age related PVD. There's no treatment but the flashing lights and floaters in the eye should diminish over the next 3 to 6 months - when I had the same problem with my right eye the consultant at the hospital told me that it doesn't 'get better' but your brain learns to see through the floaters and lights and eventually you no longer notice them. I don't have a referral to the hospital this time but have to go back to the optician next week for another check and a vision test ... a PVD doesn't lead to sight loss, thankfully, so it's just time to have my annual check. The only advice I've been given is to take it easy for the next 6 weeks to avoid the possibility of detaching or tearing the retina. 

They had to dilate my pupils so I had very blurry vision until that wore off which meant that I didn't do much yesterday. I practice the piano, mainly scales as I couldn't see well enough to read the music, and I started listening to an audio book on BBC Sounds - The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary. 

Today will be easier as my vision is back to normal so it's my usual Wednesday activities starting with the Nutrition Club. Today's topic is 'Favourite Nutrition Books and Resources'. That's followed by my piano lesson where I think C's patience may be put to the test today ... I still can't play one of the technical exercises properly and one of the pieces I played really well last lesson has now gone wrong! Apart from that my only other plan is to finish listening to the audio book and to catch up with blog reading and comments. Thank you all for your comments yesterday and I hope to respond to them all today. 

Comments

  1. Good news you won't need any treatment but do take it easy. Those flashing lights and floaters sound awful and thank goodness you will stop noticing them as your brain gets used to them. I will have to tell hubby about audiobooks on BBC sounds, he always used to enjoy listening to them on his way to work. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get an emergency appointment and have your eye checked, Eileen. I'm sure the piano lesson will go well, today. Hope you have a restful day and do take it easy for the next several weeks as per the optician's advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you didn't not tear or detached your retina :) Have they ever recommended Lutein for you?

    I read The Flatshare, it was a enjoyable light read (IMO). I am sure C will have a way for you to get around your difficulties with that particular piano lesson piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you now know what the bottom line is - much better to know that to worry.
    I hope the piano lesson goes really well and you do have a reason. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Glad you went to the doctor and he explained everything to you, making you feel calmer and it's great that your vision is normal today.
    I loved the tulip! Beautiful!
    Hugs and all the best.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. I hope that you feel better soon. I'm sure that C will be understanding. Also, I didn't realise that audio books were on BBC Sounds. I'm off to investigate! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apt photo, in light of today's news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts