Advent Day 2


today's part of the puzzle is hard

I can't avoid it any longer ... I have to make a start on clearing the mountain of washing that makes me feel guilty every time I see it. I won't get it all done today but I can make a start and, if I'm lucky, I may get three loads done. Towels first, then a load of whites, and I'll change my bedding today so that'll be the final load. The rest can wait until tomorrow.

I'm playing catch up. Again! I'm still struggling with health issues which are now impacting on my daily life. There's progress of sorts on my dodgy knee as I have been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon following a recent x-ray and my GP has suggested that I may need a knee replacement. It's early days and I am still waiting for the first appointment so your guess is as good as mine as to how long it will all take. I had antibiotics for a chest infection which knocked me for six and it still hasn't cleared completely. The residual cough shows no sign of disappearing so I am trying to get another GP appointment, but with no luck so far. The daily migraines are still a feature of my life but they now rarely last longer than 20 - 25 minutes so it feels manageable.

On a more positive note, I did get to London to celebrate my birthday last weekend. We had tickets to see Cabaret at the Playhouse Theatre, did a Ghost Tour by bus, and had two lovely meals out. I'm now 68 years old but have decided to postpone growing up for a few more years yet!

Back at home, I'm doing my best to take it easy and rest. Walking is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm having to be selective about what I do.  I am managing to continue with the most important (to me) social events so am still going to canasta, book group, and photography group; that's four outings a month in total and I usually get a lift so thankfully don't need to drive on those occasions. I also do my weekly personal training and swimming sessions, both of which I am counting as a form of physiotherapy so am determined to keep them going as long as I can. At home there is a lot of reading happening, I'm binge watching "Better Call Saul" on Netflix, and finding time to play the piano. Life is ticking over, though not as busy as I'd like it to be. 


Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that your health isn't so good lately but glad to see you have been getting out. Cabaret! How exciting. It is such a fabulous musical. I had to write an essay on Musicals many years ago. I spent a good couple of hours in the Uni library listening to the songs over and over again, such a joyful time. Oh, I was wearing earphones of course, so other students didn't have to listen too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday greeting to you, it was a great year!. Hope your health is still improving, it's not a great season to have aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday wishes to you Eileen and I'm glad you enjoyed your London trip. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your knee replacement and I hope your other health issues clear up soon. That puzzle does look to be quite a challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up & adulting is way over rated IMO (col). Glad you were able to celebrate your birthday with an outing. Swimming is probably one of the best exercises you can do at the moment. Have fun with your puzzle today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Eileen! You are catching up with me in age! :D I'm glad you were able to go to London to celebrate your birthday.
    I'm sorry to hear about the continuing health challenges and their impacts on your daily life. But, hopefully, once you're able to get your appointments scheduled, things will get taken care of. I'm glad you are still able to do the things that are important to you and enjoy some regular outings. :) Have fun putting today's puzzle together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday. Glad that you were able to get out and have a good time. I'm sorry you are having health problems. I hope there is some relief soon. As for the housework, as you say do a little at a time, as much as you can handle without laying yourself up again! Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts