Boxing Day

 


... and there are still roses flowering in the garden! This is the final 'new' bloom, all the rest are starting to fade now. I hope the garden now takes notice that it's winter and rests until spring.

Christmas Day was a quiet day in the end. I was woken by lots of texts and voice mails wishing me a Merry Christmas so I dealt with them first, and importantly, wished Miss C a happy 15th birthday. I'd planned to spend the morning alone and the afternoon with friends but they had to cancel as P had tested positive for Covid, so I ended up spending the entire day on my own ... and I had a lovely time. I carried on reading my book, enjoyed my leftovers meals, and watched Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty (ballet) on TV. Oh, and the King's annual address to the nation, of course.

Today, it's a quiet start so I'll finish reading my book and maybe watch something on TV. I have friends arriving later today and staying for two nights. I know they'll definitely be here because they've already phoned to confirm and best of all, will be bringing all the food with them, so I don't have to worry about that side of things. 

I'll start opening my Twelve Days of Christmas gifts today. It's too early to open the first one yet ... I'll save it until I have a hot chocolate break later this morning and will let you know what it is tomorrow.

I hope you all have a lovely Boxing Day.

Comments

  1. A Christmas rose! How lovely!
    Sorry your friend tested positive for Covid, but, glad you enjoyed your Christmas Day on your own. Hope Boxing Day will be spent with your friends who will be visiting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a rose still blooming in your garden.
    Have a lovely couple of days spent with your friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to still have roses in your garden at Christmas and with the raindrops on it quite stunning. Have a fun visit with your friends. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covid is certainly interfering with many plans for the holidays. Glad you enjoyed your day - it certainly sounded blissful. Boxing Day here is starting out the same way Christmas Day was, restricted travel because of the VERY dense fog. No matter, lots to do at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful rose. I do hope you enjoy the time spent with your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts