Advent Day 23

 


Yay, all the shopping is done. It was crazy ... I queued for about 20 minutes just to get a parking space, and then the store was jam packed with customers. I was in the store for over 90 minutes for a shop that would normally take me less than 30 minutes, but I don't need to go anywhere near a supermarket until the new year, so I am very happy!

Christmas starts today for me, with a day of watching some of my favourite Christmas films. I'll start with 'Last Christmas', followed by 'Arthur Christmas' and finish up with 'The Muppet Christmas Carol'. It's going to be a fun day!



Comments

  1. It sounds a right nightmare! Thank goodness it is all done and dusted now. Your day sounds lovely. Restful and festive. Have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nightmare, absolute madness in the supermarkets. Your day of Christmas film watching sounds lovely, enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Tesco's yesterday, it was madness! I left after standing in the queue for five minutes. I only wanted some bread rolls! I can do without! The stores are only closed for one day! Although Aldi are closing on Boxing Day so the staff can have 2 days off. It really is the Silly Season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a quick shopping trip then. A friend who works in retail was arriving for their shift yesterday and the cars were backing up in the street and that was just to get in the car park. They are only closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Although some people are preparing for a siege, one person yesterday was buying 24 cans of toms and Beans? Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got your shopping done. I've ordered some groceries to be picked up later this afternoon. Most grocery stores here are open on Christmas Day, although they do close earlier than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Muppet Christmas Carol is a tradition here and we always watch it.

    Wishing you a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts