Advent Day 24 - Christmas Eve

  



Both of the Advent jigsaw puzzles are completed. I've really enjoyed doing them so will repeat the experience next year but for now I need to pack them away carefully and regain my dining table, ready for my Christmas meal later today.

As in previous years I will be cooking my Christmas Dinner today, aiming to eat about 4pm. I've done this since my last ever Christmas with Ced in 2012, when he was in hospital and I cooked my meal on Christmas Eve then packed a picnic of turkey sandwiches and seasonal goodies so I could spend Christmas Day at the hospital with him. I prefer it this way. For one thing, my meal isn't disrupted by visitors and it also means that I'm not having to cook a big meal after I get home from any visiting I do myself. Also, my favourite meals over the holidays are the leftover meals like bubble and squeak, turkey and veg bake, and turkey curry, so I can indulge myself to my heart's content. If I was decorating the house I'd also do that today, but I have decided against having any decorations this year.

I'm also continuing with my own version of the Icelandic tradition of Jolabokaflod. This year my chosen book is 'The Last Devil To Die' by Richard Osman, the fourth in his Thursday Murder Club series. I'll watch 'Carols From King's' first, then switch the TV off and settle down with some hot chocolate and shortbread to enjoy my book. 

So, all that's left to do is wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope you all have a fantastic time, however you plan to celebrate. xx

Comments

  1. Your Christmas sounds lovely. May it give you peace and contentment. Merry Christmas, Eileen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both your advent jigsaws and have enjoyed watching them grow. Enjoy your Christmas dinner today and whatever else you plan to do over the festive season..
    Merry Christmas Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jigsaws, I must get myself some next year. Happy Christmas from Val and Poppy in Suffolk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Christmas, Eileen. Sending all good wishes to you for today and 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful tradition.
    Wishing you a wonderful, peaceful and happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that you have a very happy Christmas 🎄 Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely Christmas and enjoy your dinner today. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts