Advent Day 5

 

did I mention I have a second Advent calendar? The Malteser chocolate is today's treat

I have another social day to enjoy. This time I'm meeting with the other book group members for a meal to celebrate my birthday and we're also doubling it up as our Christmas celebration as well. It should be fun.

Later, I'm hoping to pop in to see friend H if she is around. I know she's travelling back home today so it all depends on what time the meal ends and what time she starts her journey. Fingers are crossed that it works out but if not, she'll be back again one day next week so we'll have a second chance to meet up.

This evening is set aside for sorting out the Christmas cards I want to send. I've really cut down on how many I can send this year, mainly because of the cost of the postage and I think most of my friends and family are doing the same. The good thing is that it has pushed us to arrange to see each other, at least the ones who live close enough to each other. Quite a few of the younger generation (I feel old writing that!) have said that they are not giving cards but will make a charity donation instead. I'm not sure how I feel about that but it seems to be a 'thing' now ... I always make a donation and give cards as well but each to his/her own.

Comments

  1. Oh yum. I love malteasers! Sounds like you have a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. I bought some Christmas cards yesterday, the shop was packed. Like you I think the cost of postage is ridiculous so I'll be sending less too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I complained to my grandson that I hadn't received a Christmas Card from him and his family, he replied "oh we didn't send anyone a card". Oh well, that's alright then. I guess young people don't send cards or understand the reason and sentiment behind why we send them, especially to those we wont be seeing at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit behind with my blog reading - I hope you enjoyed a lovely birthday lunch with your book group.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts