Advent Day 12

 


I made it to book group yesterday afternoon and am glad I did. It was possibly the best session we've had for a long time and I really enjoyed myself. On the way home we stopped at M&S Foods so I took the opportunity to stock up on supplies for the next few days, which means that I don't need to go out today now.

I do need to do a big supermarket order, for delivery, so that's on the list for today,  and I also want to finish writing the rest of my Christmas cards and get them in the post. If I can get those two things done today I will be a happy bunny.

I'm going to start looking at my plans for 2024. On the medical front I'm planning to pay privately to sort out the cataracts in my eyes, hopefully in January. I don't think there will be any big bills on the house in 2024. I was going to have the kitchen refitted but have decided against it, for the time being at least. The central heating is being looked at tomorrow but I'm (optimistically) not expecting a huge bill, and all the white painted walls are still looking good so I won't be looking at redecorating anytime soon.

All of which means that I should have plenty of time and money for treats, outings and holidays.  In terms of solo outings I'm hoping to arrange something for every month, and I'll be making a start on listing ideas for that today. I'll need to get on and book the tickets for my January jolly as soon as possible. I'd also like to arrange a couple of holidays with friends but I haven't given any thought about the sort of holiday I'd like so need to put my thinking cap on before we can meet to start making arrangements. 

Comments

  1. It's good to have plans in place for next year, sounds lovely what you have in mind xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful 'dreaming time' as you plan for next year. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also looking for next years holiday, the only problem we have is we can't decide where we want to go, great problem to have. I wrote and posted the last of my cards yesterday. Glad to get that job done. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to go to the book group meeting. I like your plans for 2024 (monthly solo outings, etc.) I'm still sheltering at home for the most part, so, I'll look forward to reading about your fun outings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're planning next year's jollies - have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts