Advent Day 13

 


Today is central heating day! The boiler is due for it's service and by lunchtime all of the radiators should be heating up properly. I haven't been cold but it will be good to have it all working properly again. The engineer is also going to look into why there is poor water pressure to the external tap on the back wall of the house. Hopefully he can sort it out as watering duties during the warm months will be so much easier once that's all working properly again.

I made a start on my ideas list for next year's jollies, but didn't get too far. I managed to get stuck at January! I was thinking of a shopping and theatre trip combined, but I also want to get the cataracts sorted in January which means that I'll need to fit my jolly in to the first week or so of the month. However, the local theatres will be busy with pantomimes then, which aren't really my sort of thing, so I'd need to go to one of the London theatres and maybe stay overnight ... it's starting to get expensive, so I may just treat myself to a shopping trip locally instead. I'm still thinking about it though.

I have to stay at home today, at least until the work on the central heating and external tap, etc. is finished. If he does finish early enough I'll go into town and run a few errands ... banking, pick up some Christmas treats for myself, buy my book for Christmas Eve, and book my car in for an MOT. 

Comments

  1. We have already booked our trip in January, some thing to look forward to once all the glitter is done with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the boiler service goes well and all problems are sorted out.
    You definitely do need to plan around your cataract operations I agree xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the boiler service goes well and your central heating works! A warm house is such a blessing! Hope you can plan your January outing to your satisfaction and the cataract surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to get those plumbing/heating issues sorted out properly.
    I agree that cataracts take priority over jollies. It will be good to get all that done and dusted.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts