Advent Day 21

 


It's MOT day today so I'm up early, waiting for Trev to collect my car. One of my late partner's friends is doing it for me, complete with collection and delivery service ... with a vague "collect it in the morning" arrangement, but it means I get to wait in the comfort of my own home so the arrangement suits me as well. I'm not expecting it to fail but, if it does, he will do any work necessary so I won't have to pay for a retest. 

I'm at home today but not alone. A couple of friends have said they will call in for a chat this afternoon so that'll be nice ... they are bringing cake, so that will be even nicer. The diet will start again on January 1st!

Today's task is to start sorting through the bookcase. My sister gives me a huge bag of books every month or so and I'm not keeping up with her lately, so I want to get rid of at least half of them to clear some space. 'Clearing some space' is both a physical need, as I don't have room for all of the books and the last two lots are still in carrier bags, and also an emotional wellbeing need. Having too many unread books stresses me out and I tend to stop reading when the books start to pile up. I want to restrict the number of unread books to this one bookcase, which means that I'll have between 20 and 30 to choose from at any one time and that's more than enough. I'll pass any suitable ones on to friends and the rest will be donated to the library service. I will feel more at ease as soon as it is done, even if I don't get to donate the unwanted books until next year.




Comments

  1. That's good that you can have your car collected and returned to you. Friends with cake what could be nicer :) I hope you manage to sort those books today, gifting some to friends and to the library sounds a good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of books. I hope you have a wonderful afternoon with cake and good luck with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends baring gifts of cake are always most welcome (col). Happy Christmas Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some good friends! Ones who collect your car to get it checked and deliver it afterwards, and ones who bring you cake when they visit! Plus a sister who shares her books with you. Enjoy your visit with friends and your reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts