Saturday

There's a bit of progress on the decluttering front to report as I sold the box of card making supplies yesterday, but not the music theory books. I think the person saying she wanted the music theory books was just a time waster - I'd listed the titles of all the books but it seems she didn't want any of those (even though they were being sold as a job lot) and asked for one that wasn't on the list and which I don't have anyway!

Today has to be house work day which is a bit of a shame as it's Saturday and I was wanting a lazy weekend. However, opening all the boxes of decluttered items and moving things between rooms has created a layer of dust everywhere and it's getting me down so I will deal with that first, before moving on to more pleasant activities!

I'm waiting in for another delivery this morning and this afternoon may have a visit from someone who is interested in buying the engineer's surface plate I'm selling. That'll be the last really heavy item from the garage so if he buys it I can think about organising the garage properly in the new year. The supermarket delivery will be here tonight and that's about the sum total of the excitement for today!

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)
  • 7th = large fruit bowl (I don't like it but K does, so it's going to her!)
  • 8th = a broken Filofax cover (only fit for the bin!)
  • 9th = unopened toiletries (unwanted gifts, so going to a friend)
  • 10th = 3 small terracotta indoor pots (gifting them to K)
  • 11th = old duvet set (to be donated)
  • 12th = 5 Pyrex divided containers (to be donated as I never use them)
  • 13th = two impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles (to be donated gifted to Joy)
  • 14th = books, garden fleeces & growing bags (gifted to Joy)
  • 15th = a box of carbon paper (gifting to E)
  • 16th = tin full of pencils and crayons (donated to a woman's refuge)
  • 17th = DVDs I never watch (gifting to E)
  • 18th = broken metal whisk (to be recycled)
  • 19th = brand new under sink waste bin (to be donated)
  • 20th = 2 pairs of specs (to the collection bin at the recycling yard)
  • 21st = winter coat (now too big, gifted to K)
  • 22nd = old makeup (only fit for the bin) 
  • 23rd = tatty tea towels (wanted by T for use in his garage!)
  • 24th = laddered tights (only fit for the bin)
  • 25th = socks that are more holes than sock! (only fit for the bin)
  • 26th = flash cards and rhythm cards (teaching resources going to C, the piano teacher)
  • 27th = 3 large and brand new white picture frames (will probably be sold, unless my sister wants them)
  • 28th = various kitchen utensils (to be donated/recycled)

Comments

  1. Well done on the decluttering and selling the box of card making supplies. Too bad about the lady who wanted the one music book you don't have!

    Maybe if you get the dusting, etc., done really quickly, then, you can have that relaxed Saturday you want! I hope the deliveries you are expecting arrive without any glitches and the person coming to see the engineer's surface plate will buy it. Hope you have a good day and the weekend will be a pleasant one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one more thing sold so I'm happy with that. I don't know what the lady was expecting!

      I did the dusting and hoovering first thing and then gave up! I'll have to set aside some time to do the housework properly next week but for now the living room looks reasonably tidy so I can have a restful rest of the weekend.

      The man has seen the surface plate and says he wants to buy it but he now has to find someone to collect it in a car ... he turned up on a motorbike so, as it's extremely heavy, can't transport it himself. He hasn't paid yet so I don't know whether I can count it as sold yet or not.

      I hope you and daughter have a great weekend too. x

      Delete
    2. Fingers crossed that he will return with a car! I'd not consider it sold until he's paid for it. Well done on getting the dusting and hoovering done.

      On the style front, today's outfit is something I sewed myself, a skirt and blouse in a black and cream pattern. My mother had bought the fabric for herself and had started making a pair of culottes (she used to call them divided skirts), but, hadn't finished. The culottes didn't fit me around the tummy (she was slimmer than I) so I unpicked them and turned them into a skirt for me! The blouse is sleeveless, round neck. Worn together, it look like a dress, which is how I tend to wear them. It is a bit faded, now (it's been several years since I sewed it), but, it is cool and comfortable to wear at home when it is 95F! :)

      Delete
    3. The man phoned this morning and has arranged to collect the surface plate on Thursday so I'll see if he turns up!

      Your black and cream outfit sounds lovely.

      Delete
  2. I hope the man returns in a car and that lady wanting something you don't have sounds silly, definitely a time waster. Reminds me of the sale of an unwanted item I once made on eBay, a man didn't bid but messaged me to ask if ever I had another one would I let him know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's coming to collect it on Thursday. He sounds keen so am hopeful he will actually turn up with the money! The lady was most definitely a time waster. Your eBay experience made me laugh ... some people are certainly odd!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts