Wednesday

 In the garden ...

... the white rose has grown across and is mingling with the clematis, which is just what I wanted to happen. The hibiscus will be the next to flower.

I don't really have much to say today. Yesterday I had my blood tests and then went back to bed as soon as I got home. I did get up later but then spent the afternoon catching up on some reading with a few much needed naps thrown into the mix, followed by an early night.

I'm still feeling quite drained so my only must do task for today is to water the garden. I should have given the pots a drink last night as they all looked really dry but I just wasn't feeling up to it so, with another rain free day promised, I need to get that sorted without fail. I'll follow that with a leisurely breakfast and then prep the veg for today's meals which should mean, if I've got it right, that I'll finish in time to make a coffee and settle down for the nutrition class. It's all about meal planning today, so I am hoping to pick up some useful tips. 

As for the rest of the day, I'll carry on with the decluttering. I don't feel up to actually sorting through anything but I do have a few photos ready so will devote some time to placing the adverts on eBay and Gumtree. I can also chase up a few requests for quotes/show of interest and initiate some more. 

Fun things for today include reading, Italian practice, and piano practice. One of the things I promised myself I'd do when in receipt of my pension was to start having regular piano lessons so I will make a start on looking to see who I fancy learning with. At the moment this is more do with sorting out my budget but depending on the cost I may start straight away as a quick search last weekend revealed that most local teachers are still only offering online lessons. This will also give me an extra incentive to get the decluttering finished as I can't start lessons until I clear the music room and have space to position my laptop properly for online learning. 

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:
  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)

Comments

  1. How beautiful they are.
    I gather morning watering is more effective than evening watering anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I always leave the watering to late evening as I do a much better job on the odd occasion that I've done it in the morning. M has suggested I switch to morning watering and now you've said it, so maybe it's time for me to listen to people who know about these things! 😂

      Delete
  2. The garden flowers are looking great! Hope your blood test results will be all good. Glad you were able to take more naps and rest. Continue to take it easy. I like how you are listing the August decluttering at the end of your post! Might copy that on my blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bloods are the routine tests and are usually fine so I'm not expecting it to be any difference this time ... let's hope that's no 'famous last words'!

      I'll continue to take it easy, don't worry, as I know from experience that doing too much physically while I feel the way I do can trigger another worse migraine and I don't want to risk that.

      Seeing the list of decluttered items grow will motivate me to keep going ... that's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! Here we have another rainy day, yesterday morning it was quite sunny but then in the afternoon grey clouds appeared and in the evening it started raining...where is the summer?
    Have a nice Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. The weather is dire isn't it. We're due some sunny days next week so I'll be out and about to make the most of it, assuming the forecast is correct. Hope you have a good day too x

      Delete
  4. It's good that you are taking things easy and I hope your blood test results come back fine. Your flowers are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blood results should be fine, or at least I'm not expecting to hear that there is anything wrong. They are routine tests to make sure my daily meds aren't affecting kidney and liver functions. I'll continue to take it easy until I'm aware of that subtle change that tells me that the migraine won't return ... another couple of days probably.

      Delete
  5. It’s quite difficult to judge whether to water tubs or whether another downpour is on the way. I did read somewhere that pots should be watered even if it rains. I have this vision of going out with an umbrella and a watering can! Lovely clematis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of the clematis. That was here when I bought the house and was moved to a new position this year which seems to have done it good and it is looking healthier than it has for a long time. The pots do dry out very quickly and most need watering twice a day when it's really hot, but I may pass on watering if it rains though!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes a return to bed is just what the doctor orders :) Your rose & clematis seem to be developing quite a relationship & doesn't it look lovely. How brilliant to treat yourself to piano lessons; I would think that would spark joy on so many levels for you along with being good for the brain! Now I'm off to water the pots of Morning Glory - they seem to need two drinks a day in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearing the stage where I can afford piano lessons is a biggie. I looked earlier on during lockdown but didn't find good search results and was dubious about where some of the people were qualified to offer lessons. This time the search results are more promising and I think I have found the teacher I will approach to ask for more details. 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts