Friday

In the garden ...


... these photos show the first three stages in the life cycle of this rambling rose. It gradually loses the pink and yellow and ends up as a white rose (not the one in yesterday's photo) but it's not doing too well this year so will also be cut right back once it finishes flowering. 

Yesterday my friend Julie called round for a kerb side visit; she had Miss P with her, who was a bit grumpy and in need of a sleep, but it was lovely to catch up with them. I didn't realise it was quite so cold out and got really chilly when I was talking to them so it took me ages to warm up afterwards. Miss P has really grown and brings back happy memories of her Mum at the same age.

The decluttering continues! Yesterday was mainly devoted to taking photos for the next lot of adverts, and also of the coins to request valuations. I haven't finished sorting the coins so will continue with that today and maybe make a start on placing the adverts. I also sorted out some things to sell to Vintage Cash Cow, a company I've used before, so I can send all of that off as soon as I find a suitable box.

I think I've found a piano teacher I'd enjoy learning with but obviously it depends on her having spaces and whether we feel we can work together. The thing that made her lessons stand out above the rest is that as well as solo playing, she also likes to encourage duet playing and sometimes trios which is something I'd really enjoy trying. This has spurred me on to clear the music room and once that's done I will contact her - hopefully I can go on a waiting list, assuming she has one, if she doesn't currently have any spaces. 

So this means that I need to work out the best way to clear the music room quickly but in a way that allows easy access to all the stuff that still needs to be sold. I can probably move all the smaller things into the playroom and, with a bit of re-organising, the bigger and/or heavier items can be moved back into the dining room but it feels like a step backwards. I'll have to think about it.

Yesterday's walk was restricted to the garden so I am hoping to get out today. It's supposed to be sunny until about 3pm so I'll go out after breakfast and walk along the towpath. Most of the day will be decluttering, broken up with breaks for coffee and phone calls with some Italian practice and piano playing thrown into the mix.

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:
  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)

Comments

  1. Really glad you have found a 'compatible' teacher. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite excited about it all. I may phone her later to have a chat to see if lessons are a possibility. I don't want to leave it and then find she doesn't have spaces as this is the time of year the instrument teachers are actively searching for new pupils.

      Delete
  2. The rose looks beautiful. I hope you are able to be signed up for piano lessons with your choice of teacher. You're just like me with a pile of half completed puzzle books. I like to start on a fresh book particularly if I've made mistakes in the one I was working my way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get bored with the puzzle books as soon as I've done my favourites! These ones are the extras I bought to keep myself occupied during lockdown so they served their purpose and can go. I think a friend may want them.

      I'm planning to phone the piano teacher later on. If it's possible to have lessons with her I will then have a date by which I need to get the room organised so that will keep me focused ... hopefully!

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed for a "yes" from the potential piano teacher. Inside of thinking of the moving of stuff for sale to the dining room as a step back, just think of it as a side step - all dances have side steps :)

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way of looking at it ... many thanks 😀

      Delete
  4. I do like your color-changing rose! Hope a good pruning will soon have it growing well, again. How exciting to have found a potential piano teacher! I hope you were able to contact her and find out about starting lessons. I really like Mary-Lou's "side step" idea! Maybe we'll dance our way through decluttering and organizing our homes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was disappointed when it flowered for the first time as it was bought as a white rose but have grown to love it and hope M can revive it.

      I've emailed the piano teacher but haven't heard back from her yet.

      Yes, the 'side step' is a great way of looking at it ... dancing through the decluttering 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts