Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • making plans for the next stage of the garden planting, and
  • buying some more new plants online ... always guaranteed to cheer me up!
  • making significant progress on the decluttering
  • appreciating having a garden full of colour
  • loving that Miss H donated 12 inches of her beautiful hair to the Little Princess Trust, who provide wigs to children with cancer. Her sister did this about three years ago
  • making some progress on the family tree
  • watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on TV, and still enjoying it even though I've seen it more times than I can remember!
  • trying a new-to-me keema curry recipe ... a much better flavour than the recipe I was using
  • spending time with K


I am grateful ...
  • for M's expertise and hard work 
  • for warm snuggle blankets ... it's been a chilly week!
  • for rainy days


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
    • 30 minutes daily Tai Chi. Only achieved 4 days out of 7
  • weight: no change


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: meeting up with friends. Achieved. Met K yesterday and will meet E today

  • In the next month (up to the end of August)
    • visit the Wilts Local History Centre: Completed 10 August
    • visit Caen Hill Locks: no progress yet 

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. Progress in August: no progress yet!

Comments

  1. You seem to be very content with life at the moment.Long may it last.Who do you order plants from on line?Any recommendations?Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I'm consciously making an effort to be positive about my life which has led to this growing feeling of contentment ... it's one of the reasons why I do these posts every week.

      I don't have a particular favourite company I order from. This time I was ordering roses so bought from David Austin as the varieties I wanted were in stock as potted plants and I didn't have to wait for the bare root plants to become available. I get my bulbs from Farmer Gracy, and I've always had healthy plants from Crocus and from Thompson and Morgan in the past.

      Delete
  2. Lovely reasons to be cheerful. How wonderful for the girls or should I say young ladies to donate their hair to young cancer sufferers, brought a lump to my throat as you can imagine having lost all my hair last year. Your garden looks lovely and the rain is very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely kids, 12 & 10 years old. I'm so proud of both of them for doing this. I can imagine how much it means to you.

      I need sunshine now so my tomatoes can ripen on the plant! I'm never satisfied, am I? 😂

      Delete
  3. A wonderful week with lots of reasons to be cheerful and grateful for. That was so nice of the little girls to donate their hair! My gardener M swears by David Austin roses; they are what he buys for his own garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was quite a big thing for the girls to do. They both raised a lot of money through being sponsored for the Big Cut!

      I always have David Austin roses. The only time I didn't the rose didn't thrive and was eventually removed!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts