Wednesday

Yesterday was overcast and chilly, definitely not the day for jollies or photography, so as soon as my parcel was delivered I took the car out for a long drive and came home via the other side of town where I indulged in a bit of shopping ... a new extension lead for the music room and I restocked all the toiletries. 

I placed the adverts for the items I have ready to sell so now it's a case of sitting back and waiting to see if I get any sales. The rest of the day I just pottered about doing whatever I fancied, which seemed to be playing the piano, sudoku, and tidying up the family tree records.  

Today doesn't look any better on the weather front but if it does cheer up a bit I will be going out to photograph a field of sunflowers. For the first time there's one really close to home and with a convenient stopping place for the car so I won't have to risk life and limb walking back along a busy road with no pavement ... I don't want to miss the opportunity but they'll be there for a while yet.

Apart from that I don't really have any plans. I could start on sorting out the playroom or continue looking through my clothes but at the time of writing this I don't really feel inspired to do either. Maybe another pottering sort of day is in order!

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)
  • 7th = large fruit bowl (I don't like it but K does, so it's going to her!)
  • 8th = a broken Filofax cover (only fit for the bin!)
  • 9th = unopened toiletries (unwanted gifts, so going to a friend)
  • 10th = 3 small terracotta indoor pots (gifting them to K)
  • 11th = old duvet set (to be donated)
  • 12th = 5 Pyrex divided containers (to be donated as I never use them)
  • 13th = two impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles (to be donated gifted to Joy)
  • 14th = books, garden fleeces & growing bags (gifted to Joy)
  • 15th = a box of carbon paper (gifting to E)
  • 16th = tin full of pencils and crayons (donated to a woman's refuge)
  • 17th = DVDs I never watch (gifting to E)
  • 18th = broken metal whisk (to be recycled)

Comments

  1. I hope it's a better day today, the weather has turned chilly and miserable and I would love to see your photographs of sunflowers. Pottering sounds good to me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too good here ... strong winds but no rain at the moment. Definitely an indoor day! I'm hoping the sunflowers don't get too battered before I get to see them.

      Delete
  2. A field of sunflowers sounds lovely! I hope the weather will be nice enough for you to visit the field. Hope you have a nice, relaxed day, Eileen. Pottering sounds like a good way to spend a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck with the weather today sadly. It's a dull day with strong winds so no point trying to photograph the sunflowers today.

      I've mostly been sleeping today, so very little pottering has happened at all!

      Delete
  3. This year there seems to be many sunflower walks in our region & from al the online postings, they look amazing. I hope you able to get out to yours. Sometimes pottering about the house can be the most fun. All this de-cluttering inspired me to get a move on with mine, so after trying for 30 minutes to fall asleep, I got up again at 11pm & started sorting through some cupboards; I finished around 1:30am & with two bags of things to go to the charity shop!! Thanks for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had the fields of sunflowers in this area for a few years now but this is the first time there's been one so close to home. Usually it's a long drive to see them but this field in next to one of the roads out of town so is only about 10 - 15 minutes away.

      11pm sounds very late to start decluttering but you seem to have done well so it obviously suits you. Maybe I should have tried that last night when I couldn't sleep! Well done anyway.

      Delete
  4. It's funny I never noticed uneven ground (aka grass, yards, dirt) before this past year. Now I am using a cane when I am out in the front yard which has small dips and slopes. Our back yard is still flat and doable but I can tell it won't be too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find uneven ground difficult to negotiate because of the problems with my knee and the fear of twisting it. I find that doing some online flexibility and balance exercises helps and it's gradually improving. The issue with walking along the road by the sunflowers is more to do with safety and not getting myself killed!

      Delete
    2. A pair of walking poles come highly recommended for anybody with knee and/or balance problems. Collapsible versions available and prices start at £15. All available online or from an outdoor shop.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Victoria. I have tried them but using poles transfers part of the load to the upper body and aggravates an old shoulder injury which, for me, is worse that the knee pain. Medical advice was, for my specific needs, to manage without.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts