Tuesday

In the garden ...


... hibiscus, gladioli and dwarf sunflowers. 

There's nothing much to report on the decluttering side of things as my internet was down for a good part of yesterday. I'm not sure what was wrong but it's spurred me on to make my decision about changing providers and get it organised. On the plus side I am ready to place the rest of the adverts today, and I have received a couple of enquiries about one of the items already advertised. 

I just had a pottering sort of day instead. I feel tired all the time, very tired, and I don't really know why. I have more blood tests to arrange and then will try for an appointment with my doctor and hope he can work out what's happening.

This morning I'm waiting in for a delivery so I'll place the adverts while I'm waiting for that. Once it's here I'm off out for a drive round ... I've no definite plans so will see what happens and where I end up.

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)
  • 7th = large fruit bowl (I don't like it but K does, so it's going to her!)
  • 8th = a broken Filofax cover (only fit for the bin!)
  • 9th = unopened toiletries (unwanted gifts, so going to a friend)
  • 10th = 3 small terracotta indoor pots (gifting them to K)
  • 11th = old duvet set (to be donated)
  • 12th = 5 Pyrex divided containers (to be donated as I never use them)
  • 13th = two impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles (to be donated gifted to Joy)
  • 14th = books, garden fleeces & growing bags (gifted to Joy)
  • 15th = a box of carbon paper (gifting to E)
  • 16th = tin full of pencils and crayons (donated to a woman's refuge)
  • 17th = DVDs I never watch (gifting to E)

Comments

  1. Such gorgeous flowers. Your garden must be a real picture now, after all the hard work.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the garden this year. I'll take some more photos when the weather is better so you can see what it looks like. xx

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous, I like that sunflower. I hope you find a good internet provider ready for your online piano lessons. I'm with Sky, have been for years and never seem to have internet problems, touch wood it stays that way now I've said it. You're doing well with your decluttering and sounds like your sales will go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Sky before I changed to my current supplier, Shell, but it wasn't the best for this area and in the end was just too expensive. Virgin isn't an option as they don't have cables in this part of the village so it seems that my best option is BT or Talk Talk, with Talk Talk being the cheapest.

      I do like the addition of the sunflowers in the garden. I was worried that the bright yellow would stand out too much against the pinks and purples but I think they fit in well and I'll grow them again next year.

      I'm pleased with the decluttering progress and have my fingers crossed that everything sells!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers in your garden. I like the term "pottering"; it's one of my favorite activities! :D I don't like the fact that you are feeling so tired all the time. Have you had your iron levels checked? My iron level was low according to my last blood test and the doctor told me to take iron supplements. I have bought any, yet, though!

    I hope you have a fun drive, today. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a lot of enjoyment out of 'pottering'!

      The tiredness could be to do with iron levels or maybe thyroid as that runs in the family. Or it may just be that my current meds need adjusting. I'm still trying to get an appointment so it may take some time to sort this out!

      I went out for a drive. It's overcast and cold, so not the day for sightseeing or photography, and I eventually ended up on the other side of town doing a bit of shopping. I've bought a new extension lead for the music room (so I don't have any problems with trailing leads from the piano and the laptop) and stocked up on toiletries.

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are so gorgeous.
    I am carrying on with the de cluttering challenge. Yesterday I binned all my more skimpy knickers. I am into the half size big girl pants these days! Today I am adding two sets of measuring cups, for all those American recipes that I never make! My house is full of such items, bought and never used. Someone might want such measuring cups? Charity shop bag is half full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your decluttering efforts. I too have sent a set of measuring cups and spoons to the charity shop but have kept a decent stainless steel set which I do use. I'd think they'll soon be snapped up by a bargain hunter!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers in your garden. I think getting your blood work done is a first step. Although to poke in my two pennies worth ... these last 17-18 months have been the most difficult of times to live through, a covidcoaster & I believe it is having a health toll for everyone, of depressions, lethargy, languishing & that over all sense of fear. It's going to take a while for us to come out of it. A drive is just a perfect way to get out & enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blood tests won't happen until I see my doctor as he has to order them. Getting an appointment is virtually impossible ... there were 23 people ahead of me in the telephone queue this morning ... so I don't know when I'll see him and may end up having to settle for a telephone consultation. I hear what you're saying about the toll from lockdowns etc. but I'm 100% sure that what I'm feeling isn't lethargy or depression.

      Happy Birthday Mary-Lou 🎈✨🎉🎈

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts