Thursday

I didn't sleep well the night before last and I have no idea why as I didn't feel ill, just completely wide awake right up until some time after 4 am and then I woke at my usual time. It caught up with me yesterday though and I spent a good part of the day sleeping, but being woken frequently during the afternoon by the noise of the wind ... no rain to speak of just the power of the wind sounding like a steam train hitting the house. Thankfully no damage but the garden has taken a bit of a battering.

I seemed to have spilled something in the fridge so cleaning that out is the first task after breakfast and then, assuming the promised rain holds off, sweeping the patio as it's looking messy after yesterday's winds. There's bound to be some deadheading to do as well soo, hopefully most of the morning outside getting my fill of fresh air.

After lunch it's the Indian cooking class that was postponed last week. This week's recipe is Sukha Keema Masala & Pickled Lime Onions ... I'm not sure about the pickled lime onions part but I do like a keema curry so will definitely be making that for my Saturday night treat.

As for the rest of the day, definitely some piano practice and the usual Italian practice. I'll be going out to drop the music tutor books I'm not selling to Oxfam and to take the charity shop donations to the Dorothy House shop (Dorothy House is a local hospice) and while I'm out, but it depends on the weather, I have a couple of ideas for photos for the SPSH and my monthly photo challenge so would like to get those done if possible.

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)
  • 7th = large fruit bowl (I don't like it but K does, so it's going to her!)
  • 8th = a broken Filofax cover (only fit for the bin!)
  • 9th = unopened toiletries (unwanted gifts, so going to a friend)
  • 10th = 3 small terracotta indoor pots (gifting them to K)
  • 11th = old duvet set (to be donated)
  • 12th = 5 Pyrex divided containers (to be donated as I never use them)
  • 13th = two impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles (to be donated gifted to Joy)
  • 14th = books, garden fleeces & growing bags (gifted to Joy)
  • 15th = a box of carbon paper (gifting to E)
  • 16th = tin full of pencils and crayons (donated to a woman's refuge)
  • 17th = DVDs I never watch (gifting to E)
  • 18th = broken metal whisk (to be recycled)
  • 19th = brand new under sink waste bin (to be donated)

Comments

  1. Insomnia is awful and you do need to catch up with the missed sleep. Shame that the wind has battered your garden but hopefully tidying up in the fresh air will do you good. I'm not a fan of pickled onions but they do sound interesting with added lime. I hope the weather stays fine for your photos, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least, being retired, I can easily catch up on the missed sleep so easily managed. It was more of an issue when I was working.

      Looking at the garden it's not as bad as I thought. The roses have scattered all their petals and two of the gladioli are no longer upright but the rest of the plants look fine.

      I didn't take the photos in the end ... it's a bit of a grey day so the light isn't the best for photos. I'll try again another day.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to catch up on your sleep! Sorry to hear that the wind battered your garden, but, hopefully, the damage was minimal. I like your plans for the day and hope you are able to get your photos taken. I've some ideas for the monthly challenge, but, haven't taken any pictures yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the damage was minimal. All of the roses have been completely stripped of their petals which is a shame as they were looking really good, but I think the rest is okay.

      No luck with the photos. It's a miserable day and about to rain, so I will try again another day. At least I've come up with some ideas for the photos, which sometimes is the hardest part.

      Delete
  3. Wind, when constantly blowing, can be an annoying background noise. Fingers crossed weather holds for your outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pouring down as I type this so I made the right decision when I decided to leave the photos for another day. It's so dark that I have the lights on in the house!

      Never mind. I can do the photos another day and at least I am snug inside in the dry!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you caught up on your sleep. I'm finding that it can be a little bit cold at night at the moment and have a rug to spread over if needed. I think it does help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. I'll try that tonight to see if it helps. Thanks Joy xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts