Style Coaching 2

The second session was just as good as the first so I'm making it a priority to attend the rest of the course.

This time was all about planning, focusing on where we are now and where we want to be in six months:

  • To determine our starting point (point A) we were asked to score where we are now in terms of personal goals, lifestyle changes, satisfaction, or  confidence, etc - they may not all apply or there may be other aspects of life in general that you wish to focus on. Be specific in your choice and then score your starting point out of 10 with 1 being the poorest score ... nobody is a 10 when starting out! 
  • Next, assess what your score could be in six months (point B) ... realistically you are looking to improve your rating by one or two points. 
  • Then think about your choice and list three things you can do to help you move from point A to point B so that you can be proactive in improving your score. These three things must be within your own area of control, so for example anything Covid related is outside of your control. 
  • Finally, look at the three actions you have decided on and determine what has stopped you doing them already. So for example, is it that you don't like shopping, are you stuck in a rut, are you overwhelmed by choices. This step helps you determine what your current mindset is.

Things to be aware of when making changes are:

  • choose who to listen to
  • the media and social media disseminate negative influences as well as positive influences 
  • your frame of mind when shopping
  • not knowing what you want or what suits you
  • dissatisfaction with yourself
  • a new style may require a new mindset:
    • whether to choose the latest trends or go for classic items that will last?
    • understand the difference between the price per item and the cost per wear?
    • are you a consumer or curator?
    • why are you spending a lot of money on clothes for special occasions that you'll only wear once?
The challenge set in this session is the 'Five Days Selfie Challenge'. You don't need to actually take a photo if you'd prefer not to as looking in the mirror will be sufficient. Make sure you dress as you'd normally dress ... don't make a special effort on you appearance unless that is what you'd normally do. Each morning for the next five days get dressed, take the photo or look in the mirror, then write one sentence on how the way you have chosen to dress makes you feel.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing. I think the challenge of a selfie a day is excellent. Not that I take selfies or even look in the mirror on a regular basis, so checking in with myself (mirror option) is going to reveal a LOT of feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a good challenge. I never take selfies and only ever look in the mirror for a fleeting check occasionally so this will make me look carefully at myself. It'll be interesting!

      I looked at the website you mentioned ... many thanks, it was very informative. Apparently I'm an hourglass, not that I've ever seen one that's my shape! 😂😂

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, looking in a full length mirror is very revealing and I never like what I see so best not to look :) It is a good course and I'm sure you'll learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never like what I see in the mirror either so it's a bit of a shock to the system to scrutinize my appearance at the start of the day 😂😂

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Eileen; lots of things to ponder! I used the website Mary-Lou linked and I am apparently a rectangle! I used to think I was an apple! LOL! Today, I am dressed in a pair of black stretch pants and a blouse in a red/black/white/grey chevron pattern; the blouse has short sleeves and a peplum. It is an outfit I used to wear to the office. It is similar to what I wore yesterday, too. I feel that I am dressed comfortably and ready for the day! Although, if the temperature goes up much higher (it is 98F as I type this), I might change out of the stretch pants into a skirt! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I'd worked out my body shape I carried on and started looking at which styles of clothes that are best for my body shape and thankfully I won't need to stray too far from the styles I like. Interestingly, peplums are supposed to suit my shape as well though I don't have any at present.

      I just feel completely unhappy with how I look so I think this course will be a big help.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts