Saturday

I had a lovely day yesterday, visiting Joy in the morning and vegging out at home in the afternoon. As a result I've woken today feeling very relaxed and very nearly raring to go!

I experimented with the best position for the laptop during the online piano lessons and have found a solution ... actually I just followed Bless' suggestion and it worked, so "thanks Bless". This means I don't have to splash out on an external webcam so all I need to do now in preparation for the lessons is to practice. I've been playing every day but playing and practicing are two different things so I need to rebuild the habit of being more disciplined in my approach.

The two phone calls I needed to deal with weren't as complicated as I was anticipating and were over and done with in no time at all. Also two more positive things from yesterday, both potentially leading to activities to look forward to ... the first was a conversation with my friend's youngest daughter asking when she can visit, so I am hoping that this is something that could become a monthly diary date. The second thing, following on from my decision to stay away from the in-person choir practices, was an announcement of additional online classes being offered by Goldster, one of which will be a choir session. I don't know how it will be organised or whether it will clash with other things in the diary but it feels like a solution to my problem ... the right thing as the right time!

On to today and I'm aiming for a reasonably productive time, continuing with the decluttering. I've re-sorted the music books that I'd set aside to donate to Oxfam and have decided that I will have one attempt to sell about two-thirds of the books in job lots on eBay. It's worth the effort as, if they all sell, I will be able to add about £150 to the coffers. The remaining one-third of the books will go straight to Oxfam, hopefully this weekend but if not then definitely early next week. I'll also get the photos ready for the next lot of things I want to sell on eBay and will place all of the adverts on Sunday. 

I'll be catching up with J today, either a phone chat or maybe even meet for a walk. This will be our third attempt to catch up with each other this week so let's hope it's third time lucky.

*************************

My August decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = a set of plastic measuring spoons (I never use them)
  • 2nd = a white shirt (band uniform that is now too big) 
  • 3rd = odd balls of wool (going to my sister, who can make use of them)
  • 4th = a map quiz book (completed and unlikely to want to do it again)
  • 5th = blue cardigan (big holes in both elbows so only fit for the bin!)
  • 6th = a pile of half completed puzzle books (going to my friend's sister)
  • 7th = large fruit bowl (I don't like it but K does, so it's going to her!)
  • 8th = a broken Filofax cover (only fit for the bin!)
  • 9th = unopened toiletries (unwanted gifts, so going to a friend)
  • 10th = 3 small terracotta indoor pots (gifting them to K)
  • 11th = old duvet set (to be donated)
  • 12th = 5 Pyrex divided containers (to be donated as I never use them)
  • 13th = two impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles (to be donated)
  • 14th = books, garden fleeces & growing bags (gifted to Joy)

Comments

  1. Glad to read that my suggestion worked! :) Sounds like you had a good day yesterday and I like the plans for today. Hope you'll be able to sell your music books as that sounds like a nice sum to add to your funds! Well done on the decluttering! I "decluttered" the last zucchini plant! :D Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to move a few more boxes to fit a folding table in but your suggestion gave me the perfect solution without having to puzzle it out!

      No more zucchini ... what will you eat now? 😂😂

      I'm hopeful for the music to sell - I keep describing these job lots as 'books' but they're actually flexible ensemble sheet music for windbands. I've got the correct wording in the adverts!

      Delete
  2. I hope you sell your music books on eBay and if not you can always revert to plan A and donate them to charity. I hope you finally manage your catch up today and enjoy a nice chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, despite good intentions we failed miserably with the catch up today. We'll try again on Monday but if that goes wrong it'll have to wait until she gets back from her holiday. I am meeting up with L next week though!

      It's worth a try with the music 🙂

      Delete
  3. Oh please, pretty please, may I have the impossible jigsaw puzzles, quite happy to make a charity donation for them x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're yours! I'll bring them round next time I visit. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts