Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • finding a piano teacher ... lessons start in September πŸ˜€πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅
  • receiving confirmation of my pension amount and payment dates
  • speaking with Baby R on a video call ... I did all the talking but he smiled and waved and generally looked cute!
  • making a little progress with the decluttering, despite being out of action following a bad migraine early in the week
  • continuing to be selective about watching TV, and 
  • getting more enjoyment from the few programmes I have chosen to watch as a result of being selective
  • a surprise visit from Julie and Miss P
  • making some progress on the family tree and
  • gaining permission to access my late grandfather's medical records which hopefully will provide some of the essential details I am currently missing


I am grateful ...
  • that my BiL didn't have any broken bones and is able to recover at home
  • the painful part of the migraine didn't last for too long this time
  • that the three family members who contracted Covid are all showing signs of making a full recovery 


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved 4 days out of 7. 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 4 days out of 7
    • 30 minutes daily Tai Chi. Only achieved 3 days out of 7
  • weight: 5 lbs loss, but this is to do with the migraine rather than my efforts to lose weight and means there will be a gain next week.


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: a photo walk. I didn't feel well enough so this is carried  forward to next week

  • In the next month (up to the end of August)visit the Wilts Local History Centre (providing there are slots available), and visit Caen Hill Locks - I've applied for a slot at the local history centre and am waiting for confirmation.

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. Progress in August: no progress yet!

Comments

  1. That's good news being able to book your piano lessons and something to look forward to. I hope you can maintain your new weight although being ill is never a good way to lose weight. Exciting news on your family research and fingers crossed for a slot at the local history centre. I'm so glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out that I used to be a member of the same singing group as the piano teacher so we have quite a few acquaintances in common although the two of us weren't in the group at the same time as far as we can work out. I think that, in addition to the piano lessons, this could be the start of a good friendship.

      It would be lovely to keep the 5 lbs loss but I doubt it'll happen though hopefully it won't all go back on!

      I am excited about the family research ... fingers crossed that it produces the bits of information I need to be able to make inroads into that branch of the family.

      I'm feeling much better today, thanks x

      Delete
  2. Yay! You have a start date for the piano lessons! Is this with the lady you had contacted and who does duets and trios? How nice that you've been part of a singing group at one time! Make sure she knows that part of being a piano teacher means giving stickers, chocolates, and baked goods! :D My daughter and I received more pastries, today, from neighbor S who gives us piano lessons. :D

    Glad you still found some things to be cheerful and grateful this week, even with the migraine returning. The video chat with Baby R sounds adorable! :D Hope you have a good week, next week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the duets and trios lady. I need to start practicing properly today! When I was moving things round in the music room yesterday I found a stack of stickers left over from my own teaching days so I can award them to myself - it's video teaching to start with πŸ˜€

      Little R was so cute in the video - he had his own little plastic phone and kept waving that at me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts