Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • visiting Joy for a wonderfully relaxing and cheering chat
  • loving my first visit to the theatre since the first lockdown in 2020
  • watching a video of Baby R taking his first unaided steps
  • treating myself to a roti pan and planning for plenty of chapatis and parathas in future meals
  • applying for my state pension (which is payable from my 66th birthday in November) and looking forward to the extra money!
  • appreciating time in the garden
  • re-watching the Harry Potter films - one film is being screened every Sunday on TV so it spreads out the enjoyment 😀
  • enjoying some of the Olympics despite this home normally being a sports free zone!


I am grateful ...
  • that the family members who have tested positive for Covid all have mild cases and do not currently require hospitalization
  • that, although it's bad enough, Miss E wasn't more seriously hurt as a result of falling of her scooter
  • for the change in the weather, bringing some much needed rain and slightly cooler days


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved. 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
    • 30 minutes daily Tai Chi. Only achieved 4 days out of 7
  • weight: 1 lb loss


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: meet with friends for coffee. Achieved, met with Joy and also had coffee with T

  • In the next month (up to the end of July)complete at least two of the local treasure trails starting with Corsham and Bradford on Avon - Complete Fail, didn't make the time to do this!

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. Progress in July:
    • A trip to the theatre. Achieved, see here
    • Visit Farleigh Castle. Achieved, see here
    • Visit the Lavender Farm. Achieved, see here

Comments

  1. A lovely week - it's fantastic how much you manage to pack in to each week and your reflections are so happy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, doing this post every week has helped to change how I look at my life and the things I do, and I am seeing a much more positive attitude emerge. xx

      Delete
  2. You've had a good week and I'm sure your theatre visit was the highlight. There has been a big change in the weather and the rain and cooler temperatures are very welcome. My hubby got his state pension in May and he keeps telling me he's officially retired now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The theatre trip was definitely the highlight. Has your hubby got a bus pass as well? Getting mine in November is a big part of my plans for next year!

      Delete
    2. As we are in Wales we got our bus passes at age sixty although we rarely use them. I don't blame you for making good use of yours and I know I would if I were single.

      Delete
    3. I have big plans for mine. I'll be getting a senior railcard as well! 😀

      Delete
  3. Lots of lovely reasons for being cheerful and grateful, this week! Well done on achieving all the lifestyle changes and weight loss! You might not have completed the treasure trails, but, you completed all three items listed under your post lockdown list! Give yourself credit for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I still have to push myself to do the exercise and watch portion size, etc. but I can feel the benefits and live in hope that I will start to really enjoy it!

      I've decided that the treasure trails can wait until Sept now as the schools are on their summer break so the towns will be busier. I'll choose alternatives that won't involve potentially crowded locations instead. I am over the moon with all the things I did achieve though 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts