Day Four in London

302/365: At Moorfields Eye Hospital 

I didn't realise until I arrived at the hospital that my appointment was for the oncology outpatient department so that was more than a bit unnerving but I've had loads of images and scans taken and have been given the all clear.  There is currently no sign of cancer and he has referred me back to my local hospital with instructions that they see me in six months time and then annually ... they are not to discharge me, according to him! Provided the growth in my left eye doesn't show signs of malignancy it will not need any treatment and he thinks that is likely to be the case, so I will always have to be monitored but intervention is highly unlikely. It's fantastic news.

Now I have to figure out how to get across London with blurred vision ... that'll be an experience! Currently sat in a Starbucks in the hope that it'll clear a little before I attempt the journey. I have plenty of time as the coach doesn't leave until 5:30pm. I'll be glad to get home!

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that you've been given the all clear after having your eyes examined! So thankful, too, that there is no sign of cancer and I hope that continues. Hope your eyes will clear enough to be able to get to your destination and catch your coach. I'm sure you'll be happy to get home and rest! Have a safe journey back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant news, you must be so pleased and relieved. You can now relax and enjoy getting home safely. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news - prayers answered. Certainly a lighter trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you got the news you wanted! Must feel like a burden lifted. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your appointment went well! That's really good news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news and I'm sure a relief for you. I hope you've had safe travel home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant news, have a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very good news. Hope that you managed to get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is indeed fantastic news and I hope the sight cleared enough for you to find your way back to the coach.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks to all of you for your comments. It's fantastic news and I'm so relieved. The problem hasn't completely gone away as the growth is still there so may grow large enough in the future to cause problems but, and this is the important bit, it's highly unlikely to become malignant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee, good news. I bet you will arrive home both refreshed from entertainment and relieved by the medical community. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's wonderful news Eileen, what a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts