My Day In Photos

The coach left 30 minutes later than I was expecting but we're on our way now. Despite all the signs, nobody is wearing a mask .... how quickly we forget!



There haven't been too many stops to pick up other passengers so far, so we are passing Avebury much sooner than I thought we would. All of the photos are taken with my phone through the coach window.


I now have a nice collection of blurred photos where the coach has picked up speed so I won't bore you with them. We're on the motorway so I'm trying to read for a while ...


... and having a snack. Breakfast was a long time ago!



We've just stopped at Heathrow Bus Terminal to let passengers off so a good opportunity to watch planes coming in to land as we get on our way again 



I had a few zzzzs so fast forward and I've arrived in London. N met me from the coach and we've chosen an Italian restaurant for lunch.



At Victoria Rail Station. We stopped for a coffee and a last chat before we part company. N is going home and I'm braving the underground trains on my own, heading towards my hotel.


I've arrived in one piece! This is my hotel for the night ... it doesn't look much from the outside but it's perfect for my needs and very cheap for London, only £74 for the night. It's called Snoozebox and the accomodation is tiny, just the width of a double bed. There's also a single bunk bed in the room and it has ensuite facilities, air conditioning, TV, and WiFi. There's no dink making in the room but there is a drinks lounge and also a coffee lounge plus a food venue if I want to use them. I chose this place because it is literally one minute away from my entertainment for tonight .... I wanted a safe place to stay for the night without having to cross London on my own and this place definitely fits the bill. I literally only have to cross the road Infront of the hotel ...





... and I will be in the right place for my early birthday treat.  I have a ticket to see ABBA Voyager and I will tell you about it tomorrow.

299/365: ABBA!

Comments

  1. Glad you arrived safely and wow that is inexpensive for a room for the night in London. Enjoy the concert tonight, what a fab early birthday treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just right for one night. All I want is somewhere safe to sleep.

      I'm inside the venue now waiting to be allowed to enter the arena 😀

      Delete
  2. Yeah that you have arrived safe & sound. The hotel sounds perfect for you, it's not like you are planning to spend time in a room; safe & close are the priority. Hope you enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for one night's sleep. I move to my second hotel tomorrow where I will have more room. Not long to wait now ... I'm inside the venue waiting for them to let us into the seated area which is where I'll be enjoying the show. 😀

      Delete
  3. Yay! You had a safe ride and arrived in London! You take better photos from a moving coach than I do while standing still! LOL. You found just the right accommodations for the night! And what a fabulous early birthday present! I hope you've had a lovely time! Hope the rest of your visit goes well, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Bless, the photos I didn't post are so blurred I couldn't even work out what I'd photographed! This hotel was perfect for the night, just the other side of the road from the ABBA venue. It was amazing and hopefully will go again in the future. x

      Delete
  4. Glad you arrived safely. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm late answering this, so I'm back home and yes, I had a brilliant time. x

      Delete
  5. Glad you made it safely and found the accommodations suited your needs. Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts