Day Three in London

301/365: my home for two nights

Les Miserables was amazing! They revamped the scenery and staging when the Sondheim Theatre was refurbished and I can honestly say it's the best version I've seen so far .... and this was my 31st visit. Not my last though!

I was supposed to be meeting a friend today but she has confirmed a positive test for Covid so I'm left to my own devices. While I wish it wasn't as a result of her health, I am glad to have a day to relax. I always forget how tiring London and my knees are screaming at me to rest them, so I am having a lazy day at the hotel, just venturing out for food and drinks ... the hotel's restaurant is closed for refurbishment. There's plenty of choice without venturing too far. I had Pret A Manger for breakfast, Itsu for lunch and just have to decide what I fancy for later on.

I've seen so many examples of kindness while I've been here, especially at the underground stations. A family with two prams, one being pushed by an elderly women, were unable to negotiate the stairs and, without being asked, three youngish teenagers carried the prams down the stairs for them and then finally carried the elderly woman down. I've been lucky enough to have people carry my case for me while negotiating the stairs, again without asking for help. People really are looking out for others despite what the media would have us believe.

Comments

  1. So glad you enjoyed Les Miserables and wow you've seen it 31 times! I hope your friend recovers soon but a day of rest will do you good, I know how hard it is on the legs walking in London. It's nice that people look out for each other in that busy environment. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow hoping all goes well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a restful day. London is tiring! I was so pleased to read if your comments about seeing the kindness of strangers, especially the three young men. Young people get a lot of criticism but very little praise.
    I passed two youngsters on bikes, as I was level with them, one of them turned his music up really loudly and looked at me. I just laughed out loud, he smiled, then did a Wheely up the road, if he was hoping to I shock me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed seeing your favorite musical, again, and it was the best you've seen so far! Sorry to hear that your friend tested positive for Covid, but, glad you were able to enjoy a restful, relaxed day. That's very heartening to hear that you've witnessed several acts of kindness on this trip. It's very encouraging to read that people are being kind to others, often strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you - London is nowhere near as soul-less and uncaring as some might think. I used to find that while driving in London - lots of 'thank you' waves and 'after you's. Mind you, that wasn't in the City. And yes, there's always someone to help with luggage, etc.
    I hope your friend feels a lot better very quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This room definitely has a bit more room, so I hope you enjoyed your day of rest. I would have found all those blues restful. And yes, people are still kind in real life, it is only some on the internet and other forms of media that are obnoxious, and that is not as many as we are led to believe either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts