Saturday 1st October

274/365: another late gladiolus starting to flower

M didn't stay for long yesterday. She's having major work done on her home which should have been completed by now but wasn't, and she wanted to get back to the workmen ... I don't blame her, it hasn't been going well and that's where she needed to be. I wish she'd phoned and cancelled but she didn't want to let me down so turned up as arranged ... I convinced her that everything could wait and she left after ten minutes. Being the bad influence that she is, I those ten minutes she told me where there were some beautiful cyclamen for sale at a good price if I wanted some more - even though she'd previously told me that there definitely isn't room for any more plants - so I will go and buy some on Monday!

That gave me the time to pop out and take the final photo for the SPSH before the rain started. I spent the middle of the day sorting out my SPSH post and then the rest of the day relaxing and reading. I still have the TV programmes to watch on catch up so that may be something for later on today.

I have my flu jab first thing, the last of the medical appointments for the time being, and then if it is sunny as promised I'll grab my camera and go out to take some photos. I'll probably go for a wander along the canal as I haven't done that for ages. The rest of the day I plan to be tucked up at home, enjoying my own company and doing whatever takes my fancy.

Comments

  1. That's good of M not wanting to let you down and I can understand your wanting a few more plants :) The weather does looks promising, it's sunny here already so I hope you manage to take some good photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good of her and it's nice to know she can be relied on, even though I didn't doubt that that was the case. It's been trying to rain here so I had a walk along the canal but didn't go too far. I took some photos, but nothing too special. It was just nice to be out in the fresh air.

      Delete
  2. My gladioli - one of them anyway - is onl;y just budding. I thought they weren't going to do anything this year but it looks like they are just out of kilter, like many other things.

    Good luck with the jab and have a lovely photo hunt along the canal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My glads were planted later than they should have been so I wasn't expecting them to flower this year, so the flowers are a bonus.

      The flu jab was fine thanks. I didn't take many photos but I enjoyed my walk. xx

      Delete
  3. There's always more room for new plants, in my opinion! :D I'm thinking of splurging and buying some bedding plants like mums to brighten up the front garden a bit for the fall season. Need to talk to my M about it.
    Glad the flu jab went well and you were able to enjoy a walk along the canal. Have a lovely rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I agree with you and when M tells me I've bought too much, I will blame you 😂😂 I hope your M agrees to more plants for this season.

      I've had a good day and am especially glad that I didn't have any after effects from the flu jab.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts