Friday 14th October

287/365: cosmos

October is whizzing by so quickly isn't it? 

M will be here later this morning to tidy the garden for me. The pots of annuals are starting to look very tired and raggedy but there's still some colour so I don't want to get rid of them just yet. The warmer days has encouraged some of the perennials to flower again so I don't know what will happen to them as M was planning to prune some of the larger plants back today ... we'll see what she decides when she gets here!

I don't have anything definite arranged but I do have three possibilities for this afternoon. The fridge is looking very empty so I need to do some shopping which means that I could spend some time in town to shop and then arrange to meet J for coffee. Alternatively the U3A History & Archaeology Group is meeting this afternoon and they have a speaker talking about the latest thinking on the creation and purpose of Stonehenge ... this one depends on how long M is here because of the starting time. My final option is to stay at home and have a quiet time, reading, piano playing, and maybe catching up on some TV programmes.

Comments

  1. I hope you manage to get to the U3A meeting as that sounds a very interesting talk. If you decide on a quiet time at home then that sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I missed the talk but I did get to spend time with a friend instead, so I still had a good time! xx

      Delete
  2. It's nice to have options. Whatever you decide, have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. M couldn't come t see to the garden as she has Covid so my day changed completely ... still fun, though xx

      Delete
  3. Your cosmos are so beautiful! It's always good to have options! Hope your day evolves nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cosmos plants are holding on and the flowers are getting smaller ... they've been very colourful this year. I spent the day with H so not quite what I planned but still good.

      Delete
  4. Having options for the afternoon sounds delightful. Are there no more piano lessons in the schedule? The Stonehenge talk does sound interesting. In my garden all the annuals are gone now & we begin the slow perennial plants clean up - the hostas have all turned yellow & a bit mushy, so they will be the first to get trimmed back. I like to leave the coneflowers to the last, the Finches so enjoy the seed heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put the piano lessons on hold for now but am hoping to restart them in the new year ... that depends on what happens with the eye hospital though.

      M has Covid so the garden will stay as it is until the beginning of November now. I find trimming all the perennials back at this time of the year quite sad as it really marks the end of the summer, and my garden doesn't have winter colour. I suppose yours just gets covered with snow ... or shouldn't I mention that yet?

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Time goes by too fast!
    Let's make the best of it!
    About your activities, do what you like or what works best for you.
    Beautiful pink flower.
    Hugs and have a nice weekend.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ailime, let's aim to always make the best of the time we have each day.

      I spent most of today with my friend ... a complete change of plans but I had a good time thanks. x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an interesting talk. Hope you enjoy it! October is just whizzing by. I dread to think that it will soon be Christmas (yikes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I missed the talk but has a surprise visit from a friend so I'm not too disappointed.

      We have birthdays first (lots of them) and then we'll start thinking about Christmas but it'll all be over in the blink of an eye. Is it an age think that time passes so quickly do you think?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts