Weekly Reflection

 

303/365: the camellia is flowering

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • sleeping in my own bed after a few days in London
  • seeing the ABBA Voyage show ... it was amazing!
  • seeing the new staging of Les Miserables ... loved it!
  • meeting up with N in London
  • trying out Dishoom for the first but hopefully not the last time
  • getting the 'free from cancer' diagnosis from Moorfields Eye Hospital
  • witnessing many examples of kindnesses 
  • checking the garden this morning and discovering that the camellia is in flower for the first time ever. I've missed a lot of the flowers, evidenced by the petals that have scattered in the wind, but there are are more buds promising more flowers to look forward to


I am grateful ...
  • for the NHS and the efficiency and level of care by the staff at Moorfields
  • to all the people who offered me help during my time in London
  • for the ongoing support of family and friends


Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk: Achieved 
  • weekly personal training session: Achieved
  • twice a week - 2 x 10 reps of each of three exercises: Achieved 

Comments

  1. Welcome home! I'm so glad you had such a lovely visit to London and the report from the eye hospital being so good! How lovely to find a camellia bud waiting to greet you on your return! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I really enjoyed my time in London and the hospital result was the icing on the cake.

      I'm really chuffed that the camellia has flowered. We were going to remove it and replace with a rose bush, but it's very pretty and now it's flowering, I'll keep it!

      Delete
  2. Always nice to start my morning reading your thankful list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Debbie and welcome to my blog. Thanks for your kind words. x

      Delete
  3. The camellia is a lovely sign for hope and renewal, isn't it. What a nice reflection on a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, especially as it starts flowering when everything else is shutting down for the winter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts