Friday 21st October

294/365: raindrops on a gladiolus petal
 

I have brain ache after yesterday. I bit the bullet and sorted out my finances, moving money around, setting up some new standing orders, and attempting to open a new savings account but I need to do a bit more research on that before I commit. I'm glad I wasted a day spent the time doing it though as it's been hovering at the back of my mind for a while and now I can feel smug that it's done! I'm completely out of practice in coping with such long periods of concentration and decision making and it feels like my brain must have jumped ship in the middle of the night, so today will need to be a more relaxed day. 

I'm expecting a supermarket delivery between 10am and 2pm but the forecast is for showers throughout the day so I'm not planning on going out anyway. I can see a day curled up on the sofa with a book ahead of me.

Comments

  1. I saw on the weather forecast we are due some heavy rain today. Well done on sorting your finances and you deserve a day of rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best day ever, I will being doing my cross stitching and watching the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one of those silent to do's ... now you have head space to decide book or movie (col). In the rising costs of living, finances are taking up a lot of our day to day thinking. Scanning the sale ads at the grocery shops is fast becoming my bedtime reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done getting the financial matters attended to. Now you can relax! Enjoy the rainy day and send some my way, too, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does require some decisions sorting that out. Now that Jane's estate is settled we have some money and have to decide what to do with it. Our bank said they had a financial advisor free of charge and we will keep that in mind, but we really haven't decided what to do with it so it is currently sitting in the bank until decisions can be made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts