Wednesday 19th October

292/365: fuchsias

If you'd asked me I'd have said that I hardly moved from the sofa yesterday, and spent the entire day watching YouTube videos (cooking, the Sussexes, and conservation), reading the book group book, and catching up with TV shows (Only Connect and The Repair Shop). I had a good night's sleep and feel really relaxed today. 

However, I obviously did more than that as the evidence is there! There's a tidy garage with the space inside the up and over door cleared so there is easy access when the people turn up to measure up and quote - that's all thanks to S who did the labouring for me while I did my usual pointing and supervising! I also had the slow cooker bubbling away all day so had a very tasty vegetable chilli to eat for dinner. At some time I listed out the tube/bus journeys I will be making next week in London ... it's the sort of thing I stress about ... so now I know where journeys start and end plus alternatives if there are any delays. And I've ideas for where I will be eating, not that that is a problem in London, but I want to make some effort to make the foodie part of the trip special so will try some of the eating places I've heard of but which I've never been to.

Today starts with a walk around the village and I may take my camera with me. There's a nutrition class at 10:00 am where the topic is nutrition for healthy blood pressure which will be useful for me, but it'll depend on whether I get back from my walk in time. I'm trying to gradually build up my stamina to cope with longer walk so I'd don't really want to rush back just for an online class.

Comments

  1. I stress about journeys and travelling, routes, etc, too. Peace of mind is valuable so it's well worth the effort to look everything up and know the choices you have.

    Have a lovely walk. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always check routes etc before travelling otherwise I can feel myself getting more and more anxious. Once I've sorted everything out in my mind I can relax and just enjoy the journeys. I think we're the same on that!

      I enjoyed my walk thanks xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very productive, yet, relaxing day, yesterday! I'm glad that S helped you with clearing the space around the garage door and I hope the estimates you get will be reasonable. I like how you've planned your London trip so you know exactly where to go and how to get there and back! Will you be meeting up with any friends when you are in London?

    I hope you have a lovely walk around the village today; maybe you'll get a chance to catch up on the nutrition class another day, in case you are not back from your walk in time to watch it. Have a good day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S, as always, was brilliant and I now have the peace of mind to know that the estimators can get near the inside of the garage door without needing to climb over lots of stuff.

      I'm hoping to meet a couple of friends for lunch in London, one on Thursday and another one on Friday, but both arrangements depend on them being able to get away from work on time.

      I was actually back in time for the nutrition class. The classes aren't recorded so there's no option to catch up, although the subject matter will be repeated at a later stage. This morning's session was interesting so I'm glad I was able to see it.

      I hope you have a good day too Bless xx

      Delete
  3. We haven't been to London for some time, but last time we were there we went to Borough Market it has a fantastic variety of different foods, we eat there and bought things to come home with us. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't think of Borough Market. I'll add it to the list for next time and thanks for the suggestion. It's a great place, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  4. S is a treasure. I've been working on my timetable & I know that uTube can eat a large portion of my day if I'm not careful, so I've done a lot of un-scribing so I don't get so many tempting notifications. Wise to plan travel modes for the trip to London & how exciting to have new to you dining options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is. His help had been invaluable.

      That's probably what I need to do with YouTube and unsubscribe from the majority of the channels that I subscribe to. It really is a time waster ... enjoyable, but still very much a time waster! xx

      Delete
  5. S is a treasure helping you while you supervise. When I used to go to London my son used to walk the legs off me and I'd rely on him to know where we were going. Very sensible to plan your journeys on the Underground and there's a huge choice of places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S has been such a help this year, I just can't thank him enough.

      I'm okay in certain parts of London and know where I'm going but the eye hospital, the birthday treat and one other destination are all in areas I don't know well so I've had to check which trains and buses I need and where to change, etc. I have some ideas of where I want to eat when I'm on my own but will let friends decide when I meet them for lunch ... they don't share my love for spicy foods! xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a productive day! I must admit that I'm not much of a planner, but with the hospital visit and such I would be as I would be worried about not arriving on time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay about the hospital appointment as I will be walking to it from the hotel ... just a 10 minute walk. It's all the other trips across London I need to do that I've planned out as this trip I'll be in three areas of London that I don't know at all. xx

      Delete
  7. Traveling is so much less stressful if you have careful plans and a few alternatives/back-ups. And the planning and anticipating is so fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think the planning and anticipation is a huge part of any trip xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts