Tuesday 4th October

277/365: found this rose still flowering, hidden behind the penstemon 

Best laid plans and all that! I arrived home after personal training and luckily checked my messages before going shopping and found the notification that my oodie was being delivered that morning, so I settled down with a hot drink and waited patiently. Hot drink finished and no sign of the oodie so I started on the day's chores, thinking I could get the shopping done in the afternoon instead. The parcel turned up just before noon by which time I'd finished cleaning upstairs and had made a start on downstairs. Anyway, here it is ...


... it's actually wider than that chair and should be washed to make it fluff up to full fluffiness (because it was squished flat in vacuum packaging) but I did try it out. Bearing in mind it wasn't a cold day, I only managed to keep it on for about 15 minutes before I was absolutely baking and had to take it off! It's going to keep me warm and snuggly when the cold weather is with us.

I was eating my lunch before going shopping when the door bell rang and there was H, about four hours earlier than expected. So shopping didn't happen but we did have a good natter and put the world to rights, and caught up on texts, comments, etc. while still chatting away. We gave up on the idea of watching a film - we couldn't agree on what to watch - and spent the rest of the evening chatting until it was time for H to leave ... a great time had by all. 

I'll get the shopping done first thing and then finish off cleaning the downstairs rooms. I've been notified that my new glasses are ready for collection so will pick those up while I'm in town. I'd like to take some photos of the autumn colour early this afternoon, maybe at Southwick Country Park or along the canal towpath, but it all depends on the weather as rain is forecast. I'm meeting H for coffee at 2pm before she drives back to Gloucester, and then back home for the leftovers from last night and a Zoom chat with L&P in the evening.

Comments

  1. Beautiful rose! I love the soft colors of peach and yellow! Yay, your oodie arrived! Sounds like it will keep you warm! Sounds like you had a fun day with your friend visiting! Postponing the shopping until tomorrow will work out well, especially if you have to pick up your new glasses, too. Enjoy the rest of the day and meeting H for coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose turns pink next and then to white ... it's the one with an identity crisis!

      I had a good time with H. She liked the oodie as well and has now ordered one for herself ... I know her rented flat is freezing so it should help keep her warm.

      I've done my shopping but completely forget to collect my new glasses so will get them later in the week now!

      Hope you have a good day too.

      Delete
  2. I kept looking at the oodies when you wrote about ordering one and hubby told me to buy one if I want one but...I figured if I am toasty warm and he is not then it may not work for me and your post has convinced me they are great but sadly I'll have to stay with my blankie. It does look very nice and I'm sure you'll be lovely and toasty and save on your heating bill. I hope you get all your shopping done today and are happy with your new glasses. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't live alone. I know Ced would never have worn one and it would have been difficult to heat the house to please both of us if I was the only one wearing an oodie so I can understand your problem.

      I did all the shopping but forgot to collect my glasses so will have to collect them next time I go to town!

      Hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  3. Your oodie does look cozy & warm, it will be perfect for those cold evenings. What a pretty find in your rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought all the roses had finished flowering for the year so it was a lovely surprise to find this one, and also see a few buds on the cream rose.

      The oodie will definitely keep me warm this winter.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh - an oodie! I've been looking at them too . You can get to the floor ones can't you? I just wonder if that might suit me better . . . decisions, decisions . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've seen floor length ones and may get one once I see how I get on with this one. I'm buying some fleece lined leggings to wear under this and though it will be a more practical combo for me ... I'd have to alter the floor length one because I am vertically challenged 😂

      Delete
    2. I've ordered a shorter one for now but, like you, will see how it goes. I'm not so tall either. xx

      Delete
    3. Which one did you get? xx

      Delete
    4. I got a shorter one - the Gryffindor patterned one. However, I also went on Amazon and found a plain one, not an Oodie brand, but long and much more reasonably priced and I've ordered that too - the measurements seem to indicate that it will work for me. I know it won't be such good quality but I think it will do the necessary when my toes are cold. xx

      Delete
    5. Well Gryffindor is the best choice 🦁

      Delete
  5. That oodie looks amazing - seriously tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of these around now. Primark and B&M sell there own versions of them, but cheaper, if you have those stores near you. I'm buying a second one from Primark if they still have their Winnie the Pooh ones in stock! Go for it!

      Delete
  6. That looks so very warm and comfortable. I must admit that, when I'm in the house, I certainly dress for warmth and comfort. I am not going to feel funny this year about wearing my fingerless gloves in the house when my hands are chilled - it's better than turning up the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear fingerless mitts indoors when my hands get too cold. We can be odd together 😂

      Delete
  7. Cleaning instead of shopping, and putting the world to rights all on one day. You are a superwoman!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts