Thursday 13th October

286/365: petunia and nemesia

J was working so couldn't join us last night but L was still able to go so the two of us toddled off to the cinema to watch 'Mrs Harris Goes To Paris'. We both loved it and I definitely recommend watching it if you have the chance. 

On to today and the only thing in the diary is G coming to cut my hair this afternoon so, as I didn't get as much done as I was hoping yesterday, I can carry on and finish up a few tasks today. My London trip is pretty much planned and I just need to book a couple of tickets today. The tax office letter has been sent off, but the rest of the financial stuff will have to wait as it gave me brain ache! I also arranged for some quotes to replace the garage door so am expecting those businesses to phone me today to make appointments to come and measure up ... that'll be another major purchase sorted and hopefully I will benefit from their autumn sale prices. I'll text S to go ahead and get the pergola built and then all I'm left with in terms of costly jobs, all for next year, is that the spare bedroom and the hall both need to be painted, replace a radiator, and take a look at the costs of replacing the glossy white doors on the kitchen cupboards. 

There's nothing I want to watch on TV tonight so I will make a start on reading the next book group choice ... 'Love Marriage' by Monica Ali

Comments

  1. I've read good reviews of Mrs Harris Goes To Paris but I don't go to the cinema so I'll have to wait for it to be aired on TV. You've got an expensive time coming up but you can settle once it's all done. Your London trip sounds exciting and I;ll look forward to seeing what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely gentle feel good film so do watch it when you get the chance.

      It will be an expensive end to the year but I will be glad to get it all done and dusted.

      I'm looking forward to my trip to London, except for the hospital part!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the movie. I've read the book Mrs Harris Goes To Paris (part two of the book was Mrs Harris goes to New York) I cannot wait for the movie to come to the movie network. We did two big projects this year, one indoors, one outdoors & I think we will follow that for model next year. We are now just in the process of deciding which projects & then move to get quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read the book but the film lived up to all the reviews I've seen. I think you'll enjoy it when you do get to see it.

      Good luck with deciding on your projects for next year. If I can get the rest of mine done next year, that should be the last of the big projects!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to watch the movie with L, even if J couldn't make it. Glad, too, to hear that your trip to London is mostly planned. I'm looking forward to reading about all the things you plan to see and do while up there and I hope the eye appointment will go well, too.
    Your mention of the garage door has reminded me to get up off my backside and see if I can contact someone to tend to my garage door! The automatic opener has broken and I really miss being able to open and close the garage door at the press of a button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the film. I haven't heard of it. I'll have to look it up. I don't like going to the cinema. My hearing is really sensitive and all I can hear is all the 'stuff' going on around me and I find it really distracting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts