A Change of Plans

 


The flooding is quite bad in this area. The usual two roads at other end of the village are closed (although some idiots are still trying to drive through!), the river has broken it's banks in Bradford on Avon, Melksham, and Chippenham, and there were flood signs out on one of the roads to Westbury. We're scheduled a few dry days so hopefully the flood waters will recede quickly, but for now, it's not the time to be driving to any of those places unless I really have to, so today's plan of meeting a friend in Chippenham isn't happening. 

So this means I can have a quiet day at home. Yesterday's shoe shopping in town was unsuccessful ... I just couldn't find anything I liked ... so I'll look online today, and it's as good a time as any to make a start on some meal planning. I also have to finish the book group choice, ready for Monday's meeting ... about 100 pages left to read, so I should easily finish that today.

Comments

  1. Very wise not to venture out unless you really have to xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road that leaves our close was flooded in a dip in the road. An idiot in front of me drove through it which showed me it was not the thing to do! Luckily, I could drive round the block and up a side road. Longer but safer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day to stay home and not drive on flooded streets! Hope you have better luck shoe shopping online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts