Losing Weight!

 


I've decided on my initial approach with losing weight, starting with the foods I eat. I don't intend to rush and change everything straight away. I know that changes will be necessary but I do currently eat healthily as far as my meals are concerned so I don't want to change any of those just in the hope that "something else" will work better. So to start with, I will be:

  • Reducing portion sizes. This should make a big difference as I'm well aware that portion sizes have gradually got bigger and bigger again. 
  • Eliminating sugar.  Again! I know I can do this as I have done it before ... I need to ignore the desserts that my new friend enjoys and ask him to stop bringing sweet treats for me. If they're not here, I won't be tempted to buy them for myself.
  • Drinking more water. I was doing well with this but I've let it lapse, so need to make it a priority again. I don't drink tea and only occasionally drink coffee or hot chocolate,  so water is my main fluid intake.
  • Alternating between vegetarian days and meat/fish days. Again, this is something I've tried before and which is something that suits me. I need to find some more vegetarian recipes to make this work for me, but that's easy to do so won't be a stumbling block to this approach.
  • Eliminating snacking between meals. I didn't used to snack between meals so I'm hoping that this will be easy to sort out. If I don't buy the snacks, I won't be tempted.
It's a good time to get this started. I need to do some more batch cooking as there are no more home cooked meals in the freezer, which also means I can freeze the new meals in sensible, smaller portions, so there will be no food waste. I'll be sticking to a selection of my favourite meals to start with with a few specials thrown in for good luck. 

I'll stick to this approach for a couple of months and see what happens. It's worked for me before and I lost weight then, so it should give the same result this time ... hopefully. Watch this space!

Comments

  1. That is a good plan to start losing weight.
    I find making a drink with cordial helps me with my fluid intake, I like an orange or blackcurrant drink and I try to use a sugar free one rather one that says no added sugar.
    Your friend sounds nice I'm sure he'll understand xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very good. I found what worked best was to just work on one thing at a time and, when I did that, other things seemed to fall into place too which was great. I think the plan to eliminate sugar as much as possible will pay dividends, not only in weight loss but in overall health.
    All the best with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always portion size for us, hubby does most of the cooking and unless I keep an eye on him, serves huge portions, and I was brought up you always eat everything on your plate. I already have a low fat and sugar diet due to health issues. We eat meat free twice a week and have fish twice a week, which has worked for us for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one here who needs to loose weight. I think I eat healthily but, I think I need to go back to more exercise regularly. I don't eat any additional sugar but do eat fruit quite often and if I do make any cake my sweetener comes from dates, orange juice, prunes or very rarely Xylitol. I never eat shop bought cake or biscuits. But I must be doing something wrong as the weight is stuck. I eat my dinner of a supper plate size to keep portions the correct. I have read that since the 60's our dinner plates have gone from 8.5" to 12" in the 90's. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is portion size that I have to be mindful of & slow down my eating. Good Luck with the renewed take on your eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very sensible plan. I need to lose some weight, myself. My problem is snacking! I am constantly snacking and right after the holidays, the house is full of snacks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. good! that sounds awesome . I started yesterday again with my thing of less snacking, i think i mentioned it before. I talked to a coach before Christmas ( she is someone i know, but i paid her for an hour consultation) i was surprised she had some suggestions i had not tried before. I think you kind of explain it, or do it the same. In the morning i lay out my snacks, that is all the snacks i can have, so yes i do eat that darn carrot too, instead of grabbing a les healthy snack. It sounds you do the same for meals, all is ready in the morning. right on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts