Shopping in Frome

 
Inside Postscript  ... my favourite stationery shop in Frome

We made it to Frome, though slightly later than planned ... the car windows were iced up so they had to be scraped and cleared before we could head out. But we made it to my favourite stationery shop and I treated myself to a small box of watercolour paints, a pad of watercolour paper,  a small sketchbook, and a pack of origami paper. I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination but I have enjoyed my attempts in the past and want to have another go. The small sketchbook is to practice zentangles, and the origami paper is for me to try out some more origami, something I used to do a lot but which has fallen by the wayside in the past few years. Anyway, it was an expensive morning but I'm pleased with my goodies and I know I will enjoy getting all arty again.

We stopped for a hot chocolate on the way back to the car because I needed to rest. The crutches really help but I do find it tiring to use them. I'd rather that than fall down though, so I will persevere with them for now. Hopefully I'll hear from the hospital soon and will know whether an operation is likely or not, and can plan accordingly. 

The afternoon was spent back at home catching up with a few bits and bobs. It was a really pleasant and productive day.

Today will be a quiet day a home. I haven't made any plans to meet up with anyone so I can potter about to my hearts content, just doing whatever I fancy.

Comments

  1. I love a stationary shop and could spend pounds in one. I hope you enjoy your water colour painting, a super past time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your painting and origami, sounds like lovely treats for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is a no-no for me but I used to love origami, one of my favourite things as a teenager - that and paper sculpture. Enjoy your treats and I hope the medical stuff comes through soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely morning! Enjoy your painting and origami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stationary shops, I too would have spent quite a bit. I enjoy any paper crafts, card making journaling etc. I've made cards with origami in the past. Have fun with your arts and crafts. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun getting yourself some treats so you can connect with your creative side. I've done that a lot in the past (lol), hence why the crafting stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now see, i always think i do not like shopping, but now this kind of shopping. i would like that! i hope you really get into doing art, let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts