The January Garden

The January garden is definitely lacking in colour and interest! M was here yesterday to tidy up the beds and pots, and to persuade the climbing roses to spread out along the trellis instead on just growing upwards. The whole garden is looking a lot better thanks to her efforts.

I spent some time outside with M and made a note of some of the things that need doing. The biggest task is to clean the pavers ... you can see how bad they are in some of the photos. I don't know the best time to do it but will probably wait until the Spring. I'm not having it power washed this time but will use something like 'Patio Magic' and see if that does a better job. It's still too wet to think about doing it yet, though.

The water butt needs to be replaced this year, hopefully for something bigger. The current one was here when I moved in and I have been meaning to change it every year for the past 10 years ... maybe this is the year I'll get it done.

I still need to choose another climber for the pergola and will choose a selection of annuals for those planters ... that will definitely happen this year but I'm probably not putting all the summer pots and hanging baskets out this year as I have plans to be away for several breaks and don't want to make it too big a task for whoever takes on the watering duties each time I'm away. 



Comments

  1. There is always tidying to do at this time of year. For me it is too cold, too wet and too windy to do anything outside, I'm battling to keep the new cover in place on the garden furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look bare, but, you'll soon have some spring flowers coming up and it will look colorful then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is looking dull too but the bulbs are coming up and I find that a great encouragement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wander in your garden. Even in winter it looks like a lovely spot to take a pause in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very little colour in our garden also, but the variegated shrubs are looking quite good and my snowdrops have just started to peep out. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha your garden is very! colourfull and interesting. Mine is white on white on white, lovely but way less colurfull and interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts