The Saga of the New Oven!

 


I'm only slightly annoyed, more frustrated really. The information we were given in the store bore no relation to what the instalation guys were tasked to do, so I am still waiting for my new oven to be installed. It's to do with the unit the oven fits into and, because I have chosen a built under double oven this time, the bottom shelf has to be removed as the new oven is self supporting on legs. The installation team wouldn't tackle it ... not part of their job, so I had to reschedule the installation date.

The good news is that I won't have to pay extra for them to return. They have taken the old oven with them so I will be without an oven for a week, but they confirmed that my new oven will definitely fit in the space once the bottom shelf is removed. There was another shelf which came out easily though the skirting board put up a bit of a fight, which we won eventually. The entire unit had to come out to remove the final piece and then the sides and top had to be fitted back in, ready for the new oven.

So we spent a good part of yesterday sorting it out. I took the photo when we were near the end of the job, and work had stopped so my friend could go to Wickes and buy the tool we needed. I know I could have waited for my neighbour or my nephew but we wanted to know it was finished and ready for next Tuesday when they are due back to fit the new oven. 

In the meantime it'll be microwave or airfryer meals, or more likely, takeaways! We had fish and chips last night and I'm looking forward to a good curry tonight.

Comments

  1. Didn't they used to call these kinds of guys "jobsworths". I hope you enjoy plenty of tasty meals until the fitters arrive again next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite an Aga Saga - but nearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well isn't that frustrating! But, yummy takeaways will make the wait for the oven to be installed a bit pleasanter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts