Exercise, Shopping, and Volunteering

 

Meet Ozzy ... brought home from Osborne House as a reminder of a lovely holiday

Swimming was interesting yesterday. This was the first lesson after the two weeks Christmas break and I was extremely nervous, although I wouldn't have been able to tell you what I was nervous about. Because I was feeling so nervous I struggled to relax in the water and had quite a few panics as a result ... but I didn't drown, so am counting it as a win! On the whole the lesson went well and I've progressed to swimming lengths rather than widths, which I'm chuffed about, but I have lost the ability to float on my front and then stand up from that position. Actually, it's more of a confidence thing as I can still float but have developed a mental block about the standing up part! We're going to work on it some more next week.

I have personal training this morning and then I'm going shoe shopping.  We don't have a lot of choice locally but we do have a Clarks shoe store and I'm usually lucky in there. Ideally I'd like some boots and some flats but ... I'm a nightmare to buy shoes for as I have one foot a size smaller than the other, so fingers are crossed that I'll find something that I like. 

I mentioned that I was considering the possibility of doing some voluntary work. Well, yesterday I had an email from the National Trust about two recruitment days they are running for people interested in volunteering at Stourhead (one of my favourite places!), so I  will try to get to the January one and find out what it will involve. The National Trust was on my list of organisations that I'd been interested in doing some voluntary work with, so maybe I'll be lucky and I'll be able to find something suitable.

Comments

  1. Ozzy is very cute, nice to have reminders of lovely holidays.
    Sounds like you are doing really well with your swimming lessons. As a non-swimmer I completely understand about not having confidence which I don't have either.
    Good luck with the shoe shopping I hope you find what you are looking for.
    I hope you will be accepted as a volunteer for the National Trust that would be something very worthwhile xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ozzy, very cute.
    I can swim, a little but not out of my depth. Mad I know. When I was on holiday in Croatia the water was so lovely and I could just lay on my back floating. My partner who can swim miles couldn't float though. Explain that! I was floating on my back btw, I don't know if I could do it on my front as I don't like water on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get all my Clarks shoes online they have an Clarks outlet website, I'm lucky their shoes always fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ozzy looks like a very friendly sort to stand watch in the garden. Well done you, brave you for returning to the pool. Facing that fear, especially water fear is one of the more difficult ones - kudos. A volunteer at a National Trust location would definitely combine several of your own interests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Ozzy, he is a great reminder of your holiday. I am glad to hear you are sticking with your swimming. I used to swim 5 times a week and about 50 lengths a time, however I had to stop as I had problems with the chlorine and my skin. I do miss swimming it is a great exercise and something I enjoyed a lot. I wear nothing but Clarks trainers they are so comfortable. The National Trust sound like a good idea. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Stourhead well from when I lived over there way back in the 1980s! It was one of my favorite places. Oh how I'd love to visit there again. I envy you that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Ozzy! Volunteering at a National Trust location seems like a great idea. They are usually such interesting places. A chance not only to volunteer but perhaps learn more about a place too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a non-swimmer, myself, I admire you for continuing with the lessons. Ozzy is cute! Good luck with the volunteering!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts