Me on Monday

 

a slightly out of focus rosebud!

First the good news ... I've lost 4lbs in my first week of watching how much I eat. I'm chuffed with the result and think this was mainly due to drinking more fluids and eating smaller portions, but am also hoping that the weight loss settles to around 1 or 2 lbs each week as I think I'll stand more chance of keeping the weight off in the future if I can lose at a sensible rate.

Lately, I've been setting an alarm to wake me earlier and I feel I have been making better use of my time as a result. So, over the next few weeks I'm going to concentrate on trying to change my routine around and see how it goes. 

We're going swimming this morning for an hour ... in the future this will mean leaving home at 7am, aiming to start swimming at about 7:30am, so a nice early start to get the day going. However, we have to go to a different pool today as our preferred option is closed for repairs this week, which means a slightly later start than we'd like as we won't be able to swim until 10am. I want to practice some of the exercises I did on Thursday and also, with my friend's help, hopefully gain some confidence about floating on my front and back.

Then it's back home for a snack, picking up a few bits in M&S on the way home, before the canasta group this afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and it's always a good laugh, but I will have to be disciplined about not eating the chocolate biscuits during the break ... will I have enough willpower to refuse? If it was only one or two biscuits once a month it wouldn't be an issue and I'd happily eat a couple, but eating a couple of biscuits at all the groups and meetings I go to to throughout the month probably adds up to about a pack and a half ... so a lot of additional calories that I can do without. Can you see I am trying to convince myself here? 😂

I'm expecting a Tesco delivery tonight between 7pm and 8pm ... a little later than I'd like but I only placed the order yesterday so was glad to get the delivery slot at such short notice. Once that's put away, I'll carry on watching Mr Robot on ITVX, but I think it'll be a reasonably early bedtime as I have another early start tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Well done on your weight loss. I'd find it difficult to resist the chocolate biscuits too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well done you with the start of your better eating, moving more resolve. I myself cannot do only 1 biscuit, because that first one always taste like more! (col). Just a note from your post last week as your friend helps you with your blogging comments, for me it was all about my search engine, I had to give up Firefox completely and use either Chrome or Edge, which in itself is a bit of bother but that's technology for you ... I'll say no more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done on your weight loss. I will be joining in from February. I would have no problem saying no to biscuits or chocolate, I haven't eaten any for about 11 years. However give me some cheese or crackers or peanut butter and then it is very difficult to say no. Enjoy your swimming. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your weight loss! That's great! I couldn't resist chocolate biscuits (or cake, or chips) so, it's a good thing I don't go to any group activities where snacks are served! Good luck with earlier starts to the day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts